Chapter 9

R&B worked in their lab, wearing their lab coats and goggles. They were both pushing buttons rapidly on a keyboard, seeming rather nervous.

     "Carful, B," R warned. "One wrong move, and this whole ship could explode."
"On it, R," B replied. "We can do it. Together."

     They smiled at each other, continuing to push buttons rapidly, as they high-fived.

(Just pretend this picture looks like I described...)

     "Your spirit gives me strength," R said, looking at B.
"Your determination makes me believe in a better tomorrow," B replied, both of them still pushing multiple buttons.

     "Almost..."
'Ding!'
"Done!" both girls yelled in unison, huge smiles on their faces.

     A large microwave door popped open, a massive marshmallow popping out.

     "We finally did it, dear sister," R said. "We..."
"Made a real big marshmallow!" the two girls sang together, laughing as they hugged.

     "He-ey, baby's..." Lownote chuckled, suddenly walking in. The two girls looked at him, taking off their safety goggles.

     "Hey, Lownote," R greeted.
"Here to pick up your machine?" B asked.
"You know it, baby," Lownote responded with a smirk and finger guns. "Now... do either of you two want to help me destroy this incredibly dangerous machine?"

     He pulled a massive sledge hammer out of thin air, chuckling coolly.

     R&B's eyes widened at his words, looking at each other concerned.

     "Dangerous?" they both questioned.
"Oh, yes," Lownote said, nodding as he lowered his sledge hammer. "When I was a kid, I was a dork, so my dad made this machine to make me more manly. Cooler..."

     "Oh..." Both girls said, their scared expressions going away.
"Well... that's not so bad," B shrugged.
"I mean... look how you turned out," R added.
"Your the coolest troll in the world."

     Lownote chuckled, doing another finger gun, as he winked at the funk sisters.

     "You got that right, Baby," he chuckled. "But..." He suddenly gave them a firm look, sending a shiver down their spines.

     "The machine was never used on me," Lownote explained. "It was used on my cousin Shawn." He pushed a button, a hologram of a mega nerdy funk troll appearing.

     "Ew..." the funk sisters said, retreating a bit at his appearance.

     "So... uh... what happened to him?" B asked.
"After you used the machine," R added.
"This..." Lownote said, pushing a button to change the hologram from the nerdy kid to a hairy beast-like troll.

     "AHHHHH!" both girls screamed, hugging each other in fear.

     "The machine worked too well," Lownote explained. "It turned Shawn into a full on man beast. Baby..."

     R&B's eyes widened in horror.

     "Branch..." R whispered, concerned about the little troll.

     Lownote raised an eyebrow, looking at the two girls in confusion.

     "Branch? What about Branch?" he asked.

     R&B looked at each other briefly, before turning their attention back to Lownote.

     "He... uh..." R started.
"Kinda got zapped..." B finished.

     "What!?" Lownote yelled, his eyes widening in concern. "I told you not to turn it on!"
"It was an accident," R said.
"Branch was helping us clean the lab, and he accidentally pushed a button on it."

     Lownote sighed, beginning to pace nervously.

     "But he seemed normal when he left," B stated.
"Maybe the machine doesn't work anymore," R suggested.

     "The effects are slow..." Lownote informed. "They take a while to kick in, but when they do... there's no stoping them."

     "There's gotta be a way to reverse it!" B yelled.

     "Maybe... if we can reverse it before the effects can completely take him..." Lownote suggested.

     "We're on it," R said. "We'll invent a machine to reverse the effects."
"But..." B objected. "How will we get Branch back here?"
"Where is he?" Lownote questioned.
"On a date with Poppy," R answered.

     "Oh-ho-ho..." Lownote chuckled with a grin. "So he finally told her?"
"Yeah," B laughed. "It was so cute and..."

     "Guys!" R interrupted. "Branch is in trouble! We don't have time to mush over Broppy!"

     "Right... right..." Lownote and B both said simultaneously.

     "Ok... you two stay here, and make the machine to reverse the effects, while I go get Branch," Lownote said, staring to saunter away.

     "Wait!" B shouted, quickly stopping him. He turned to her, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

     "If the effects are as bad as you say they are..." she started. "He might not come with you willingly."
"Here. This'll help," R said, tossing Lownote a little laser zapper. "Just make sure it's set to stun and not kill..." she warned.

     "Kill!?" Lownote yelled, looking at the little laser in his hand. "Why is that even an option!?"

     "Idon'tknow..." R&B both shrugged.

     Lownote sighed, rolling his eyes before exiting the funk spaceship.