Chapter 7

"So... what do you think?" Satin asked, holding up a mirror, so Branch could see himself in his fancy new tux, she and her twin sister Chenille had just made for him.

     "Do you think Poppy will like it?" he asked, looking at himself in the mirror.
"Please, Branch..." Chenille chuckled. "You could go on that date wearing rags, and Poppy would still like you."

     Branch smiled, fixing his tie a bit.

     "Thanks guys," he thanked. "Ok... I've got an outfit... a reservation at Che Dante..." he listed, counting his fingers. "Now I just need flowers. I'm off to see Meadow Spriggs."

     He started to run towards the door, but stumbled a bit, feeling rather light headed all of a sudden.

     "Oh..." he murmured, reaching up for his head dizzily.

     "Are you ok, Branch?" Chenille asked, she and Satin rushing over to steady him on his feet.

     "Y... yeah..." he said, shaking the dizziness from his head. He looked up at them, smirking slightly. "It's all good, bros. Catch ya on the flip flop." He gave them the finger guns, winking before walking out of the pod, his head held high.

     Satin and Chenille raised an eyebrow in confusion, and then shrugged.

     "Must just be first date jitters," Satin suggested.
"Yeah. Probably," Chenille agreed.