She steps into the hall where a group of teenage boys and Young Derek Hale are bouncing the ball. She asks them to stop. Derek cockily tells her he will stop if she can take the ball. She makes a few half-hearted attempts at a steal as Derek shows off with trick dribbling. She then just turns around and returns to the Music Room.

"Typical high school jock" Peter rolled his eyes. "Why are you rolling your eyes? You were very much the same" Talia snorted.

Derek follows and apologizes. He asks her name but she refuses to tell him unless he "can play one instrument in this room".

"Derek apologized? Man he must really have liked his girl" Stiles said. "You have no idea" Peter sighed.

He spends a short amount of time scanning shelves stacked with musical instruments before returning to her with something behind his back. He produces a triangle and strikes it gently with the metal beater producing a single clear note. She acquiesces and says her name is "Paige." He offers his name but she says "I know who you are".

"A big shot in high school? The Hale name must have been pretty big back then" Lydia said. "It was. We were one of the richest in the whole town" Laura explained.

Because a third healer was found dead right after Dr. Deaton was rescued, Gerard hints that Deaton is behind the Darach's killing spree. He suggests that Deaton staged his kidnapping and, knowing he would survive, had the third victim strung up already. Scott protests saying Deaton would never let anyone innocent die. Gerard says Scott would be surprised how far someone would go to get rid of someone like Deucalion. "Or someone like you?" Allison quips.

"Well she is correct" Chris sighed.

Gerard laughs and says the events have turned him into a celebrity with his doctors. He is now almost cancer free but no one can figure out why he continues to produce and expel the viscous black fluid from his nose and mouth. Scott becomes impatient and demands that Gerard tell them how to beat Deucalion. Gerard says "you can't. I've tried." Allison stands up and heads toward the door saying Gerard has wasted their time. The old man calls for her to wait. Then Gerard offers up the cryptic advice that Deucalion has lost his eyes but that he's not always blind.

"Hmm is that possible?" Scott asked. "It is" Talia nodded but did not say more.

Stiles is confused. According to Peter's story, Derek was a sophomore when he fell for Paige. Stiles wants to know his age at the time, he also questions Peter's age back then and now. He gets the cryptic response "not as young as we could have been but not as old as you might think" as Peter avoids the question. He then asks Cora her age. She responds that she is 17 which Stiles finds a satisfyingly direct answer. Then she further confuses and frustrates the topic by saying "17 how you would measure in years." Stiles drops the question of werewolf ages.

"Yes it can get confusing" Laura laughed.

Peter continues his tale of Derek's whirlwind teenage romance with Paige. Derek had a favorite getaway, an abandoned distillery outside Beacon Hills. While Peter claims Derek told him all this because Peter was his nephew's closest friend and confidant, we see that he is lying to Stiles. Peter was actually spying on Derek and Paige as they made out in the distillery.

"Oh God you were a creep even before you went psychotic" Lydia shivered.

The couple's encounter is cut short when Derek smells blood and hears people approaching. The couple leave the distillery but Peter remains behind and watches as Ennis, Kali and Deucalion arrive with their packs in full. Ennis is angry. He points to a frayed rope hanging from the ceiling and indicates that it was in that spot that the Argents killed one of his Betas. Kali wants to know why she should care about another's pack. One of her Betas speaks up and says the Argents don't discern between packs when they come after a werewolf.