"I can't argue with that" Stiles laughed and then squeaked seeing the glares he got from Derek and Laura.

Deaton explains that helping the Hale family used to be a pretty important part of his life and that helping Derek is a promise he made to Derek's mother. Derek says his sister, Laura Hale, had spoken of Deaton as an adviser.

"What kind of an adviser? Do werewolves even need them?" Boyd asked. "All packs have one. They act as the voice of reason for an Alpha" Talia explained.

Deaton explains that Peter's resurrection came at a price as he will now be physically weak and will have to rely on his intelligence and cunning. Deaton believes Peter will come after Derek and try to get inside his head and manipulate him. He predicts that Peter will try to convince Derek that working together is the only way to stop Gerard but Deaton says Derek should not trust him. Derek says he doesn't trust anyone. "I know," quips Deaton. "If you did you might be the Alpha you like to think you are."

"oooh shit burn" Isaac hissed.

He then intimates that Scott doesn't trust Derek but that Derek must find him as fast as he can because Deaton has known Gerard for a long time and he knows the old man has a plan and he believes that plan is going exactly the way he wants it to. Matt leads Stiles at gunpoint back to Scott and the Sheriff. Stiles' dad tries to talk him down but Matt is having none of it. He handcuffs the Sheriff outside the jail cells and leads Scott and Stiles away down the hall. They see three sheriff's deputies dead and bloody on the floor. Matt says he just has to think about killing and Jackson does it for him. The kanima arm reaches into frame and drags one of the bodies out of site.

"That looked like something straight out of a horror movie" Lydia muttered with wide eyes.

Allison sits alone in the center of her bed worrying the edge of what appears to be a green bathrobe. Her grandfather enters. She says she doesn't want to talk but he says he has a letter from her mother that explains what happened and why she had to kill herself. He gives it to her along with a speech, which seems like a lie, about how Victoria had asked him to read the letter and help her write it. He works this into a push for retribution against Derek and his pack.

"That fucking son of a son of a bitch!" Chris growled, not at all liking what his father was doing. Allison looked murderously at the screen, digging her nails into her palm. "I will kill that bastard once we return home" she grinded out.

At the Sheriff's Department, Matt forces Scott and Stiles to shred the physical evidence and destroy the digital evidence in the murder investigation. A car arrives, which they think is Scott's mom but it turns out to be Derek who collapses in a heap on the floor, paralyzed by the kanima. Jackson, partially transformed, is standing behind him. Allison burns her mother's note as instructed. She then sets about removing everything of sentimental value from her room. Tearing pictures off walls, clothes from her closet and throwing Knick-knacks hither and yon. When she is finished, nothing of her former life remains. She is left with just her hunting equipment, arrowheads and knives.

"This is bad" Scott mutters to himself and sneaks a peek at his girlfriend.

Matt explains that he's learned about the werewolves and the other supernatural goings on in Beacon Hills. He then asks Stiles what he turns into on the full moon. Without missing a beat, Stiles replies that he is an abominable snowman but that his transformation is seasonal. Matt apparently doesn't appreciate the humor and has Jackson paralyze Stiles. He falls to the floor on top of Derek muttering "Bitch" on the way down.

"Hah" Laura huffed a small laugh.

Another car arrives, this time it is Melissa McCall. Matt tells Scott to follow his orders then, to drive home his point, he rolls Stiles off Derek and applies a boot to his chest making it impossible for him to breath. Melissa enters to see Matt pointing a gun at her son. Then, for no apparent reason, he shoots Scott just below the right side of his rib cage. Matt then menaces Melissa with the gun as she freaks out about Scott's injury. Matt locks Melissa in a jail cell. She begs him to allow her to tend to Scott's wound but he refuses.