chapter 10 - The Coastal Venture

Outfits Link:

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/169913

Same Day - Same Scene

Day One

Morning - Middle of Ocean - Coastal Venture

The door unlocked and opened. Lia and Sarah both turned to look at the door, stopping in complete and utter shock when they saw Ward walk into the room.

Ward smiled at his two older daughters. "Hi, sweeties." In her shock, Lia dropped the table knife to the floor. "It's me. I know this is impossible to you, and I'm gonna explain--"

Ward stepped closer.

Getting over her shock because of everything else she felt toward her father, Lia immediately slapped Ward in the face in anger and exasperation. "That's for everything you did, including making us all think you were dead. Do you know how bad it's gotten because of you?"

Ward accepted this, knowing she was right, nodding. "You're right. I'm sorry. I deserve that. I know I do. You have been through hell, and that is my fault. Rafe and Rose have told me how bad it's gotten for your mentality, and I know that I did that to you. And I'm sorry." Lia turned away. Ward tried to grab her arm. "I'm so--" Lia shook Ward's hand off of her. "I'm so sorry, Lia."

Sarah pointed at Ward. "Don't."

"Sarah..." Ward trailed off. Lia and Sarah both had to sit down, overwhelmed with shock and every other conflicting emotion they felt toward their father and the rest of their family. Ward knelt down to look them in the eyes. "I can promise you that I didn't have any other choice. I didn't. I don't expect you to understand that now. All I can do is tell you exactly what happened, and I'll answer your questions. Maybe you'll see it was the only way." Sarah gave him an incredulous look. "I know you don't believe that, and I know it's hard to hear, but it was my only choice. It was the only way to make sure that we were all safe and we were all together. It was the only way to be a family again."

Lia held her head in her hands, completely overwhelmed, taking several deep breaths to try and remain calm, but she realized that she was being a lot more calm than she should have been, especially after her meltdown last night, realizing that it had to have been because they had given her medicine when she was sleeping in order to keep her calm and keep her from having a meltdown again, in order to try and keep her under control.

Sarah was crying softly, sniffling, shaking her head.

⚓️

Another Room

Kaylee was sitting down, her hands still tied behind her back.

Rafe walked over to the drink table to pour himself a drink. "Want a drink?"

Kaylee rolled her eyes. "And risk being spiked and drugged by you for the second time? What the hell do you think? What I want is to be let the fuck go."

Rafe smirked in amusement, not surprised by her answer. "So, I'll take it as a no to the drink?" Kaylee looked away in anger, exasperated. "And you never had any proof that I was the one that drugged you at that party. Or that I helped Tod with that, at least. And neither did JJ, but he still fought me and tried to kick my ass because of it."