When the truth spills

I opened the door and I saw the girls in front of me , I was happy but something's keeping me from being happy. 

"hey ! "

"hi , come in" 

Moving uncomfortably , I thought in my head that they've noticed it already.

"what's wrong Ella ?"

I turned around to face them but it seems like they are really sure something's wrong. "mmmm what ? nothing" 

"okay, you can pretend that you're okay but I guess you're not good in acting. Com'on tell us Francesca Elizabeth Matthews-Daniels"

"stop it"

"what? hahaha com'on . what's the prob ?" 

I sat down with my questioned face, what is this that I can't understand? urgh. They sat down across where I'im sitting down and now we're facing each other and it's very awkward for me.

"hey , wanna juice or something? " trying to act normal as it seems

"stop it Francesca! we know you. Tell us now"

I cleared my throat and took a heavy breath inside and out. I kept on holding my hands hoping they understand my situation here.

"Mike isn't really my boyfriend"

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT? but"

"I know. I blockmailed him, I used him . okay ?"

"but why ? tell us the truth Ella. Can't believe you lied to us"

"well , Derek is really my boyfriend. Derek and I were planning to have a home visit here and I promised my dad that this time I'll never break my promise. But I guess Derek has an issue with my family , he backed off. He said "he didn't remember that he agreed to his" , the same excuse over and over again."

"and how did Mike entered?"

"well Mike here has a floorplan of the new building. Mr. Wytte our CEO decided that he will not approve his proposal IF I don't study and approve it. So probably now, I'm his boss. And the only way that I think of to not break my promise to dad is to blockmail Mike. I told him if he won't come here and pretend to be my fiance , I will not sign his proposal. If he comes with me, when we get back to US , I will move his proposal to the board and approve it right away. Hassle free."

"and ?"

"and what?"

"and what's bothering you why are you acting like that?"

"I don't know. It's just that I think I'm being too comfortable with him that sometimes I forget that he's only here because of the deal"

"what? You're ......."

"don't finish that. I know what you mean. I just , I don't know why I'm so worried about him , why I don't like it when he's not there in the morning when I wake up , why I'm ......"

"shhhhhhhhhhhh. You know exactly why Franc, you just don't accept it" 

I kept my mouth shut worrying 'bout this. I can't think straight enough to decide what to do nor what to say,. one thing is for sure. There's something that's bothering me.

Mike's POV

What do I expect? Why am I acting like this ? Why am I so curios about her, concern and why can't I think straight ? is this just a problem or a major problem that I can't be able to fix? aaarrrrrgh ! Why is this hapenning. 

Walking back and forth in our room looking like a stupid dumbass. Thinking a way out to this feeling, have to stop it. And in order to stop it, I have to annoy her , talk less to her and if ever IGNORE HER! 

Francesca's POV

"what do I do ? or the question is , what SHOULD I do?"

"uhm , just pretend. Don't let him get through you or manipulate you. You're only here for a deal and not for a getaway romance. okay? just ignore him or best if to keep it to yourself. Because the more you say it to him or others ? the more he would take advantage of it and that's where you don't wanna get from him. okay"

"yes , okay . I get it. just P R E T E N D"