Realizing the Real Threat

Start from the beginning

She said with anger but this time, it was on herself.

I rubbed her back as I took her in a side hug. 

Her head rested on my chest and I started in my reassuring voice, "If you don't believe in yourself, you will never be able to take on at anybody, not even a little kid. And, you know what will help you boost your self confidence?" 

She looked up at me from my chest. Her eyes questioning me.

I put my other hand through her hair tucking them behind her ear, "The chidori. It helped me boost my confidence and I'm sure it will help you too. I've been wanting to teach you that. And, if you can master it perfectly, you can take on more than one person in one blow."

She got out of the hug and looked at me, "Then why don't you teach it to me right now?"

"I would but...." I paused while looking at her thinking of an excuse but her eyes made me sigh in defeat, "Okay fine but, only until dinner. Rest of the practice will be done back at the village. Understood?"

She nodded in all seriousness and we both started with the training. 

I sat on the wooden platform after teaching her the basics and hand signs. I watched her as she put her all into training and do a small version of my chidori.

After half an hour or so, I saw her with wide eyes as she created it perfectly.

That was quicker than I thought. She is a fast learner.

"Now, slowly pull all the chakra back from your palm to your center." ,I said getting ready for any emergency. 

She nodded and absorbed it all within a second.

"Wow, awesome. I think you've already mastered it!" ,I said walking towards her.

She stood there, her other hand holding her used hand. I stood in front of her looking at her burnt hand. 

"That's what happens when you use too much lightning style." ,I held her by the shoulders and took her to sit on the platform.

"You can practice the rest once we reach back at our village." ,I said as I started bandaging her hand.

"That was for the lightning. What about water style?" ,she asked looking at me.

I stared in her demanding eyes for a second. She just doesn't seem to feel any pain. It feels like all her hate has taken over her pain and numbed it. All she sees now is ways to get stronger. I sighed and got back to bandaging her hand.

I thought for a while and started, "Well, you have this advantage that you can use Water and Lightning. I think you know that when lightning travels through water, it can immobilize a person almost immediately." 

I looked at her for confirmation. She nodded.

"That's what you are gonna use." ,I continued. "For that, you would have to learn to use each style with one hand at the same time. Also, for water you need a water body around. If you are few of them which can extract water from the surroundings, then, you can do it even on a sunny day. Otherwise, this is not advisable for jutsu that utilize a lot of water but for some like water bullets or like water ropes, one can use his/her own body water. But, if used in excessive amount, the person can die due to dehydration." ,I explained while I finished the bandaging but gently held her hand in mine.

"So, what do I do to extract water from surroundings?" ,she said as she tangled her fingers with mine.

"Well, that requires you to sit and try to sense the water around and infuse it with your chakra so it falls into your command and then, you can shape it any jutsu you want." ,I explained.

"That's interesting. I might be able to do it." ,she tightened the grip on my hand and closed her eyes beginning her training once again.

This girl just doesn't know when to stop.

I smiled to myself.

After an hour, Naruto came, "Dinner is ready, guys! Come on in!"

She opened her eyes, I looked at her with curiosity. She shook her head. 

I patted the back of her hand, "Don't worry, you will get it soon. Come, we will continue back at the village." 

We both got up, our hands still interlocked.

She saw Naruto giggle looking at her hand which made her quickly loose my hand. We all went to sit at the table. Naruto eyed us and then Sasuke. Sasuke smirked and shook his head slightly. Naruto sat beside Sasuke with a giggle.

She noticed everything, "You two better not be planning any pranks. You know I'll always beat you in that game." 

She stared at Naruto with a childish gaze.

Naruto shook his head quickly, "Oh no! It's Nothing!"

"Good." ,she smiled and for once, she was lightened up.

We all started eating our food. I was surprised that the burnt hand didn't hurt her at all. She ate with the same hand like nothing happened.

We all went to our rooms after eating. She sat on the edge after I laid down. I saw her and knew something was still bothering her. I went from behind, put my arms around her waist and sat closer to her, my chest touching her back. 

I whispered in her ear, "It will be alright, darling. You will beat him with 0 injuries on your body. Now, come to sleep. We have to go back tomorrow." 

I slowly kissed her shoulder. That melted her.

She slowly nodded and laid on the bed. I laid beside her and pulled her into my chest. We both drifted into deep sleep soon after I kissed her head with a smile on both of our faces.

(A/N: 9th Chapter!! OMG! I can't believe it! My story is on #8 for the #kakashi-sensei !! Thank you all so much!! Also, it's at #69 for #kakashilovestory !😋)