Chapter Seven

They all sat in the waiting room for what felt like days, when really it was only around an hour and a half.

Burt and Carole showed up soon after they all arrived. Burt rushed to Blaine's side and brought him into a hug as Carole talked to Will.

Puck, Quinn and Mr. Schuester sat together, across from the others. Quinn rested her head on Puck's shoulder and Mr. Schuester held his head in his hands.

The others sat on the opposite side, Blaine and Finn with their heads bowed. Burt was tapping his foot impatiently while Carole held both Burt and Blaine's hands.

The silence broke when a sob escaped Blaine's lips. Finn pulled him closer and the shorter teen clutched to his shirt. Wanting this to be some horrible dream and wake up in Kurt's arms after falling asleep during a movie.

He cried for almost twenty minutes, Finn rubbing his back. Hearing Blaine sob brought tears to everyone else's eyes, even Puck who didn't bother to even wipe one away as it fell.

Burt stood up and walked over to the desk.

"Any word on my son?" He leaned on his elbows and asked the receptionist, tears and exhaustion written all over his face.

"Actually he just got out of testing, they're stitching him up now. The doctor should be out soon." She gave him a warm smile, one she has probably given a thousand people who have walked in here.

Burt nodded his thanks and went to sit back down next to Carole, relaying the news to everyone. Blaine had calmed down and was now sniffing as he rested his head on Finn's shoulder.

They waited a little longer before a doctor came through the door where they took Kurt.

"Kurt Hummel?" The doctor spoke, and Blaine was on his feet, Burt and Carole hot on his heels.

"Is he okay? Please tell me he's-" Blaine started, but as Burt put a hand on his shoulder his voice dropped to a whisper, "okay?"

"He's going to be just fine." The three let out a breath of relief, before letting the doctor continue, "I'm Dr. Jackson, Kurt's head doctor. If you could follow me please.

Once they made it to a private room and all sat down except Mr. Schuester, Puck, Finn and Quinn, who stood behind the others chairs, Dr. Jackson started to update them on Kurt's condition.

"First things first he will be fine. He went through a lot but he was strong, he'll be okay. Now we had to sedate him, because of the amount of pain he was in, he also got really anxious once you left his side, we didn't want him having a panic attack." He made eye contact with Blaine, who frowned at his words.

"He has a concussion, from many blows to the head, along with a few cracked ribs. His shoulder was severely dislocated, we placed it and wrapped it best we could, but many muscles and ligaments were torn." As he explained, he kept looking up from his paper.

"What about the blood?" Mr. Schuester asked, that part of the situation worrying him the most.

"We did some scans and there was no internal bleeding. That was most likely just irritation from calling for help/crying in pain from the attack or by coughing, in which he probably had the wind knocked out of him a few times by the look of his fractures."

"When can we see him?" It was Finn who spoke this time, eager to see his brother and make sure he's okay.

"He should be awake any moment now. I do have to ask that no more than one or two people be in the room at a time. This would be a very traumatic experience for anyone, let alone a young man like Kurt." The group nodded in response.

"Also don't force him to talk, he should rest his voice for a few weeks. And if I could make a suggestion, I think Blaine should be the first to see him," Dr. Jackson added.

Everyone looked at Blaine who's head shot up at the Doctor's comment, worry etched on his face.

"He wasn't okay when he first got here... at all... mentally. He kept calling for you leading up to his panic attack until we sedated him. I think it would be best if the last person he saw is the first person he sees." Blaine nodded understanding and grateful that no one seemed to disagree with the doctor.

"Great. So Blaine, if you'd follow me."