🅃🅆🄴🄽🅃🅈 🅃🄷🅁🄴🄴

Start from the beginning

"Helium?" Faith asked shocked.

"Did you just say Helium?" Moni asked as Faith blinked her eyes. Not of the girls except Nifemi seemed not to be believe what Nifemi had just said.

"Helium Competitions is an African annual competition that takes place at the ending of each session. It was one of the biggest competition in the world and the number one in Africa. It was one of the competitions that everyone looked forward to" Faith started as she paused to take a breath.

"But to qualify for just the first stage is like qualifying for the Cowbellpedia. A lot of schools get dropped in the first stage and even a lot of schools would have started training their students since the beginning of the session for the Helium Competitions. The final stage is when two to three people from each African nation is selected to represent their countries at the finale" Faith added as she turned to Lolade.

"The competition is crazy in the sense that you have zero ideas in what they are going to bring out. You and someone can never have the same question paper. They ask questions ranging from academic to the music industry to the entertainment and even world news. I even heard they asked questions relating to physiotherapy last year. They are that crazy" Faith said as she shook her head.

"Jesse had that kind of exam today and he still came to see you yesterday night?" Faith asked and even Lolade found it hard to reply.

"He's crazy" Aisha said.

"I get that he's really brainy but this is so out of it" Tolani murmured as Nifemi chuckled.

"I'm not done yet" She said as Lolade turned to her.

"He passed" Nifemi said as the girls froze.

"He just didn't pass: he came second in the whole country and that was because he made a mistake while writing his Reg number" Nifemi added as Lolade swallowed her saliva.

"Did you just say he passed?" Moni asked as Nifemi nodded as she turned her phone towards them.

"Josie already released a blog post to congratulate him and others. Christopher was the tenth in the whole country" Nifemi replied.

"Mad"

"Ment"

"He's that briallant?"

"I didn't realize that he was this good"

"Ha God, fine face, rich parents and now dude is a genius. God, you pack all these ones give one person; what about the rest of us?" Tolani asked as the girls burst into laughter.

Lolade grabbed her phone as she walked out of the room and walked to the backyard. Guilt was gripping her in several ways.

She knew he was busy but just because she wanted to see him; she had made him come all the way to see her even when he had such an important exam.

What if something had gone wrong?

The thought made her bend down and bury her head in her bosom. For some reason; something told her Jesse probably didn't sleep overnight.

"I didn't even realize I had made such a mistake till I stepped out of the hall" Jesse said as Tofi chuckled.

"What were you thinking? You know these HCA guys are strict like mad" Tofi added as he folded his arms.

"It's good that prick knows that he didn't get the first in the whole country" Tofi said as Jesse chuckled.

"I need to sleep" he said as he fell on the bed.

"You need it. You didn't sleep overnight" Tofi said as he folded his arms.

"I'll go home later" Tofi said as Jesse nodded quietly.

"What are you doing?"

Lolade turned to see Nifemi folding her arms and was standing a few meters from her.

"I wanted to see him so badly so I told him I wanted to see him. I knew he was so busy but I wanted to see him so I told him to come. I didn't know he had an exam and such an important one at that" Lolade replied as she dropped her head.

"I can't imagine it. What if something had gone wrong?" She asked as she chuckled.

"All these while, I never put him into consideration. I"m too selfish" She murmured as Nifemi chuckled.

"I'm glad you know you are selfish but I'll tell you this. Why do you think Jesse didn't tell you he had such an important exam?" Nifemi asked as Lolade tried to think.

"Because he knows this is the exact way you'll be acting like" Nifemi replied as she chuckled.

"In terms of Jesse, you are indeed selfish but because the things your selfish self had wanted also concided with what Jesse wanted as well so I wouldn't really call it selfish" Nifemi said as Lolade sighed softly.

"Besides, you shouldn't trust him more?" Nifemi asked as Lolade turned to him.

"I trust him" she replied and Nifemi sighed and nodded.

"Okay. Just don't blame yourself too much. He took second place because he made a mistake in his Reg number. You can imagine that" Nifemi said as a small smile spread across Lolade's lips.

"He's that briallant" she replied as Nifemi laughed.

"You should have heard the proud tone in your voice"  Nifemi said as Lolade chuckled.

"So call him and congratulate him" Nifemi said as Lolade nodded.

"You can also go the 'jealous ex-wife' type on him too" Nifemi added as Lolade smiled at her.

"Thank you Nifemi" she said as she hugged Nifemi.

"You are welcome darling" Nifemi said with a small smile.

By the time Jesse woke up from his slumber; it was evening time already and Tofi had gone home. He grabbed his phone from the table to see about five missed calls from Lolade.

With a furrowed eyebrow, he hurriedly called her back. The call wasn't picked the first time and Jesse had to dial the number the second time before she picked it. The moment he called her name, the reply he received instantly told him why he had five missed calls on his phone.

"Ade"

"Congratulations"

ᴊᴇssᴇ ɪs ᴀ ᴄᴏᴡ......ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ғᴇᴇʟ ғᴏʀ ᴄʜʀɪsᴛᴏᴘʜᴇʀ ʙᴜᴛ ɢᴜʏs ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ɴᴏ ᴡᴀɴ ɢᴇᴛ sᴇɴsᴇ ᴏ ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡ sʜᴀ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴇs ᴊᴇssᴇ ɪs ᴄʀᴀᴢʏ.

ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴄ ᴡᴀs ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴀ ʙɪɢ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴀʀᴛ sʜᴀ ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʙᴀʙᴀ ɪs ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴠᴇʀʏ ᴄᴏɴғɪᴅᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ ʜɪᴍsᴇʟғ sʜᴀ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴀᴍᴀ ᴀᴅᴇ ᴅᴏɴ ᴠᴇx, ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴄᴜᴛᴇ.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ.