CH10 - What To Chose. . . ? - Part3

Start from the beginning

And the fact that this was happening now. . . This bomb that Yomi had thrown at him, it pushed him off his balance, that's for sure. . .

But the big question here is, what is he going to do now. . . What can he do in this tight situation. . . ? 

_________________________________________________________ 

The uncomfortable silence filled the air once the message had faded away completely from our view.

I felt the shivers ran down my spine at each and every word that left this demon's, Yomi's mouth. The tone he used and that smirk he was wearing the entire time. He sounded and looked so confident with himself. Not to mention how confident he was with his future plans that he just shared with Kurama, who was also involved in this. . .

I turned my head to the side and glanced at the redhead who was still as tense as he was before. . .

It was gut-wrenching to see how stressed he looked the entire message that someone from his past had sent to him. But what got him the most was the ending part. . .

"Kurama. . . ?" I called out his name in a gentle tone as I found my courage to step forward, so I can get closer to his side. Before I am able to form some kind of question, he turned to me with an expression I had never seen him wear so much before on his face.

The same expression that I had seen the last time he visited the temple to see me and give the invitations to me and Miyuki. . . That face made me stumble in my words and way of thinking for a moment, mainly because this just meant something serious is going on behind all this. . . something that he is afraid to share with others-. 

"A friend of yours Kurama?" A new voice questioned us, startling me to a heart attack almost. I whipped my head around fast and I see. . .

"Hiei!" Both me and Kurama called out the Fire-Demon's name, surprised to even see him even on the same place as us. Inside the city.

"Hn, caught you both off guard." Hiei replied with a satisfied smirk on his face.

"What are you even doing here?" I couldn't help but ask him. "I thought you were not interested in 'human things' as you put it."

"Tsk, I was roaming around as usual." He told me bluntly as usual before his gaze fell onto my redheaded boyfriend who still looked uneasy. Thought I noticed some change in his eyes the more he stared at the Fire Demon's figure. . . " I assume that message was meant for you?"

"Y-yes. . ." Kurama replied with a slight stutter in his voice, another slight change which caught my attention again, and raised the level of my concerns of course, because he never done that for as long as I can remember.

Things like these small gestures. . . they still surprise me at times since, he was always or at least mostly the calm and collected one. . . But now that I think about it, I can't really blame him for acting so startled or at least concerned like this. 

I would have felt the same way if I ever get the that small taste from my own past. Something that would have triggered some of my own emotions up to the surface as well. . .