"Fanta for the mushroom boy," Kacchan said when he returned. Orange soda is my favorite, Kacchan remembers all of my favorite things. I remember his too, for example, without even looking up I know he has a Pepsi bottle in his hand, "It's not even five yet."

"It feels so late," I replied while taking a much-needed bite of pizza, "The mental breakdown probably slowed down time." I meant for it to be a joke but Kacchan's energy changed after I'd said it.

I looked at Kacchan and he was staring into his drink, "I told him to tell you so many times." He said, "I hated lying to you all that time. It stung but he told me I had to." His grip tightened on his bottle and I put a hand on his wrist as subtly as I could. I'm not sure how much physical contact is allowed but this should be okay.

"I lied to you too," I said quickly, "I didn't want to either. We both lied but we aren't going to do it anymore, right?"

Kacchan smirked, "Of course not, stupid Deku." I smiled and went back to my pizza, listening to Kacchan eating his own.

I was halfway into my second slice when a question I wanted to ask Kacchan threatened to strangle me if I didn't bring it up, "So." I looked at Kacchan and his attention was already on me, "This is probably...I mean it might not be a smart question but what exactly uh..." I'm so good at finding words when I'm taking notes but I seem to be the worst at it when speaking, "We-us...What are we? I mean our relationship I want us to be on, y'know, the same page."

Kacchan blinked for a moment before his face came at mine, in preparation for...something? I closed my eyes. What is he going to do...?

Soft, warm, something was on my forehead. Did he...did he kiss my forehead? The moment was far too short but when my skin started to feel cold I felt Kacchan put his forehead to mine, "Eyes open, nerd." I listened and found Kacchan so terrifyingly close I almost pulled back. I managed not to even as my cheeks burned so hot it hurt, "If you think I'm going to let anybody else have you now, you're crazy. You can call it whatever you want but you're my Deku."

"R-Right," Why couldn't he give a more precise set-in-stone answer? It makes this so much more embarrassing...all of this is making me feel self-conscious, "So...I could um...possibly call you my boyfriend?" God, why does this feel awkward?

"If you'll let me call you mine," Kacchan replied smoothly. This is unfair, Kacchan always knows exactly what words to use.

I didn't want to talk anymore since my words suck so I tried to gingerly put my head on Kacchan's shoulder to show I agreed. This is new, I mean, all of this is new to me. It makes me uneasy that I don't know what physical actions to take as a boyfriend to communicate nonverbally but I'm sure Kacchan can figure me out.

It felt weird, calling myself a boyfriend now. How exciting though! I get to start on this and the person who is going to figure it out with me is Kacchan. The two of us are already a perfect duo so I'm not as scared as I thought I'd be. It feels natural to be here, alone, with only Kacchan.

Speaking of Kacchan, didn't he say his parents were in China? So that meant, "Uh Kacchan?" He was gathering the now empty pizza boxes but paused to look at me, "Um well it's just that...would it be okay if I spent the night?" Leaving Kacchan now felt impossible.

Kacchan's faced seemed to saturate a little before he coughed, "No-I mean yes-you can stay. Fuck." He shook his head quickly, "Yeah, it's fine." Why is he acting weird? I've stayed over a ton of times before.