CKK Has Right of Way

Start from the beginning

"You knew about the Indominus Rex, didn't you... " Brooklynn asked her, her voice getting louder. "Because you were snooping around Dr Wu's office when I ran into you — I knew it!"

"I didn't mean to destroy the phone! I fell on it when the zip line came down and—"

"But you did steal it? You had it the whole time, and you didn't tell us?" Ben interrupted, crouching down to hug Bumpy, who had bounded towards us.

Darius looked at Brooklynn curiously and suspiciously. "What were you doing in Dru. Wu's office Brooklynn?"

"Is that why you guys were booted from the lab?" I asked Ben in surprise. He nodded.

Brooklynn frowned at Darius and shook her head. "It doesn't matter! I didn't break out the only way to call for help and then lie about it!" she yelled.

Sammy covered her ears and closed her eyes.

"This is not my fault! This is her fault!"

"I'm here to spy!" Sammy suddenly burst out. I covered my mouth, and an echo of gasps rang out.

"I work for a company called Mantah Corp," she went on.

"Mantah corp?" Ben asked. Darius looked back at Kenji, Ben, and me. "They're a bioengineering company, big rivals with Masrani! They tried to make dinosaurs, too, but Wu beat them to it."

Where did I know that name from? Mantah Corp. It sounds so familiar.

Ben glared at Sammy. "You doomed us all for some lousy company!?" he yelled. I covered Bumpy's ears so she couldn't hear him shouting.

"Our ranch was in trouble, so my folks had to borrow a lot of money from some shady people. We didn't know they were fronting for Mantah Corp. They said we'd lose everything unless I spied for them and used the behind-the-scenes access I'd get at camp to gather info from Wu's lab, DNA from dinos, and whatever else they needed!" Sammy explained. She stared miserably at Yasmina.

"But then Brooklynn caught on, and I got scared, and everything went wrong... This is the last thing I wanted to happen!"

Yasmina scoffed and pushed Sammy away from her. "To be next to a broken van on Killer Dino Island? Hey, me too! What are the odds?" she said coldly.

"Yaz, I—" Sammy started.

"Was it all a lie, wanting to be friends? Pretending you cared about..." Yasmina said, glancing away.

Sammy began to cry, tears rolling down her cheek.

"You just needed someone to hide what you were doing! Tell me I'm wrong..." Yasmina stared at Sammy for a moment, then turned to walk away. "I'm such an idiot," she muttered.

"You are wrong!" Sammy exclaimed, running after her. "I just didn't know how to explain it to you!"

Sammy tried to rest her hand on Yasmina's shoulder, but it was shrugged off. "Don't touch me!" she hissed.

"Yaz..." I said softly.

"No. Don't. Just don't, Kiara," she interrupted. Then, turning to Sammy, Yasmina narrowed her eyes. "Go away, Sammy."

Sammy stepped back in disbelief before turning and running into the jungle.

"That was really harsh," I muttered, Yasmina glancing at me. She walked back to the rest of us with a frown, and Bumpy moved towards her, grunting and jumping onto her leg.

"Not now, Bumpy..." Yasmina muttered, staring at the ground.

"Look, I know the situation we're in is suboptimal—"