Cry If I Want To

"Alright guys, welcome to Hot Mess. I'm Nikki and this is Brianna we-"

"I don't like the name Hot Mess without Lindsey." Brianna said as we did our radio show a couple of days later. "We need a new name now that Nikki is here."

"That was a lot of alliteration." I laughed. "But I don't know if you want to change the name, Brianna, I'm only here for another month."

"Oh no, we have to change that." Brianna said "Petition for Nikki to be the new permanent host of Hot Mess. #UnionNick, come on guys."

"Oh god. Oh god, what are you doing? This was not part of the plan!" I paused "Wait, why UnionNick?"

"Like UnionJack, but it's you instead." Brianna shrugged. "Alright guys, start the petition to keep Nikki as our host and tweet us what names you want to see for the show at #HotMessRename. This is Paramore with Misery Business." She hit the song then turned to me. "Sorry, I like working with you."

I blinked in surprise "That's fine, I like working with you too, but it's probably not going to happen. BBC isn't going to hire an American girl for one of their top shows." I patted her shoulder "Besides, the fans don't even like me that much. I just got bitched out this weekend by a phangirl."

"Seriously? You think they don't like you?" Brianna held up her phone. "UnionNick is trending. It hasn't even been five minutes."

"Holy hell." I pulled out my own phone and jumped on twitter.

Nikki is the best thing ever #UnionNick

Come on @BBCRadio1 don't let this one go. #UnionNick

NIKKI IS THE CUTEST PERSON EVER KEEP HER ON THE SHOW #UnionNick

Nikki gives me life. Keep her! @BBCRadio1 #UnionNick

"Oh. My. God." I said, staring in disbelief at the screen.

"Dan just tweeted!" Brianna shouted, smacking my shoulder. "Dan tweeted! Dan tweeted you!"

Hey guys tweet @BBCRadio1 and show them your love for @theshyextravert #UnionNick

"The songs over, we're on air. Stop freaking out." I scolded Brianna. "Hey wonderful listeners and viewers, you guys are doing awesome with the hashtagging."

"Guys, Dan wants to keep her. I repeat Daniel Howell thinks Nikki is worthy of our show." Brianna squealed excitedly. "We're going to take some phone calls now. Caller one is Bethany from our very own London. How are you doing Bethany?"

"I'm good!" Bethany said excitedly. "Hi Brianna! Hi Nikki!"

"Hi to you too. Now, you have one minute of fame. What are you going to do?" Brianna asked.

"I actually have a question for Nikki." Bethany said. "But it's about Dan and Phil..."

"If it is whether I am dating one of them-"

"No, no, I just want to know what it's like working with them." Bethany assured me.

"Oh." I blinked, completely taken aback by a normal question. "Well it's kind of awesome. They're maybe the sweetest people I've ever met. My first day here at BBC I was too afraid to go out for lunch because I didn't know the money very well. Phil found me sitting in the media room by myself and took me out to lunch and never once made fun of me for not understanding money. Now we go out to get lunch all the time with Dan."

"Okay, keep tweeting us remember the hashtag is #UnionNick." Brianna cut off the phone call and switched to music. "This is Fall Out Boy with Immortals."