🤍Part Nine🤍

"What are you doing in here?!" he shook his head in disbelief, marching into the room as you just stared at him - pendant in hand. "I thought I told you this room was restricted!" he looked as good as betrayed.

But all you could do was stand there, looking at him with tear-filled eyes. Now that you had realized whom he had been to you, you couldn't help but smile sadly - just taking in the sight of him. You hadn't remembered anything just yet, but you could make out the deep love you felt for him in some strange way. The memories might not have been there, but the feelings were.

Of course, he didn't know what was going on, so he was still frantic about the fact that you had entered the room.

"Please, I'm going to need you to leave," he tried to reach for your arm to guide you out, but you stepped back, taking him by surprise.

Only then did he discern that there was something more he was missing in that moment, and the more he focused on your teary, unreadable eyes, the more puzzled he became.

You took in a deep breath as the tears streamed down your face, your eyes glancing down at the pendant in your hand before you looked at him once more.

"The....car...." you began shakily. "The car that...(Y/N)...had driven away in....." you needed to gasp for another breath as your emotions grew more intense. "Was it....an unmistakable shade of royal blue?" you questioned, already knowing the answer from what Linda had long told you about the details of the aftermath of the crash.

"What-" at first, he appeared to be genuinely confused, but it hadn't been long before his eyes widened - his whole body going rigid as you stared back at him knowingly.

"And..." you gave him another sad smile as you began to cry a little more, unable to stop yourself. "Was she...wearing a black dress when she....disappeared?"

He stayed frozen, shocked beyond belief.

"That...would explain this," you reached into the pocket of your trousers to retrieve a small, diamond ring that Linda had saved with you when she'd found you. You had never known what it meant, because you hadn't been wearing it when the car crashed - but you had always kept it with you as somewhat of a charm that held significance to a life you didn't know you'd lost.

When Michael saw the ring, he released a breath, knowing that there was no doubt about the fact that you were (Y/N).

"I never...knew what it meant back then....because it hadn't been present on my finger....but now....I don't know how I didn't see it..." you trailed off as he walked up to you slowly.

"(Y/N)...." he trailed off, his eyes searching your face as if he feared this was all a dream. He brought his hand up to your face gently, and you leaned in to his touch, making him more sure that the moment was real. With tears of his own, he embraced you, cradling you against him as though he had waited for this moment his entire life.

And in some way, he had been waiting for that moment for his entire life.

The both of you cried as you held each other, still riddled with emotion and bewilderment. He pulled back slightly, just so he could look at you, his hands moving up to cradle your face as you had your arms around his mid-section.

"(Y/N), my (Y/N)," he kissed your forehead, still coming to terms with the fact that you were now in his arms. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," he cried. "That night, our argument...I shouldn't have let you go,"

Shaking your head, you looked at him directly, for the first time seeing him as the person you had given your heart to. "Don't....apologize," you forced a laugh. "Not yet, at least,"

"Do you still not remember me, and Daniel?" he asked, but not in a way that indicated he would have been upset if you had answered yes. He was just overjoyed that you had returned home.

"I....don't remember.....but....I do know that I love you dearly," you continued to cry. "After the crash...Linda....she....found me....and I....I didn't know what happened before the accident. I couldn't trace back anything from memory...and....oh God, I'm sorry for....not being brave enough to try and find you,"

"Don't, don't apologize," he brought a finger to your lips, still relishing the feeling of your body in his arms. "I'm just...I can't thank the heavens enough that you're here, that you're home,"

"And-" you began, but stopped abruptly when you saw Daniel appear at the doorway, slightly confused as to what was going on.

Michael turned around to see what you had been looking at, and as he did, you crouched down - opening your arms. Daniel didn't need to question anything, because when he saw your open arms, he immediately recognized his mother.

He ran straight into your arms and entered your arms in a crushing embrace. You managed a little laugh as you held him close to you, finally understanding why you had instantly become so fond of him - because there was a much larger part of you that loved him more than words could say.

It had only been difficult to have recognized you because of the changes you'd made to your appearance after Linda had found you, but now everything was coming together to make sense.

"I missed you, Mommy," Daniel expressed as he hugged you tight, making you turn into even more of an emotional mess.

You rubbed his back as you continued to hold him close, basking in the priceless moment. Your motherly instincts returned to you as you hugged him, never wanting to let him go.

"I missed you so much more, my darling," you replied softly.

Eventually, you straightened up once more, but as you did, you could feel that familiar wave of dizziness approaching, this time approaching steadily enough to warn you.

Quickly, you grabbed onto Michael's arm, making him look at you with intense worry in his eyes.

"I...I'm going...to faint," you stared up at him as his arms hastily wrapped around you. "Take...me to the hospital,"

៚ ⋯⋯⊰☆