Chapter 2: City of Sirens

Start from the beginning

"Constellation huh..." Lloyd muttered under his breath.

"I will locate the lyra constellation in the sky and analyze possible related locations," Pixal declared before running off to the main console.

"Let's just hope Keos is running around clueless," Kai commented as he looked towards the horizon.

****

(Y/N POV)

"Yes, this Thursday at 6:30 pm, that's correct. Okay, thank you so much! See you then!"

"Was that for Tim's Coffee Bar?" you asked the girl who just hung up the phone.

"Yes!" she exclaimed with a beaming smile. "And they'll give us coffee on the house!"

"That's amazing, Lynn!" your jaw dropped at the news. "And this is why you're the gig planner of the group."

"Where would you be without me," Lynn tossed her curly hair over her shoulder, her lips curled into a teasing smile. "I'm gonna go update the calendar with the gigs."

You watched the drummer scurry off to the large calendar whiteboard in the living room of the shared apartment.

Your band, City of Sirens, was preparing for the release of a new album, which meant you had to look for places to book gigs and promote the songs.

Being a band for three years allowed for a lot of experimentation to see who did best doing what role and Lynn ended up being the best at booking gigs.

You were feeling pretty good about the new album and you hoped the fans would love it too.

"Lynn! Which color should I go with for this album?" a girl with black hair ran up and held up two colored hair extensions—one blue and one red—to her hair to compare both colors.

"Ah!" Lynn yelped, jumping out of her skin from her friend's sudden appearance. "Kaori! You made me mess up," she pouted, eyeing the smudged writing on the whiteboard.

"Just erase it," Kaori waved off. "Now, which color?"

"I don't know. Red would match with the album cover, but you haven't done blue before," Lynn pondered the two colors. 'Agh, I can't choose! Ask Faye and (y/n) what they think."

Kaori spotted you watching from the barstool and zoomed over to you. "(y/n)! Blue or red?" she asked again, holding up the extensions one by one to her hair so you could see the comparison.

"Uhh," you said, tilting your head and narrowing your eyes. Red did look pretty cool and matched the new album cover, but Kaori had already done red in the past. "Blue?" you said, unable to pick with certainty. "They're both cool."

"Why not just do both?" Faye's voice came from the hallway as she strolled to the kitchen and opened the fridge. "Aw man, no food?"

"Both?" Kaori said, combining the extensions together and holding it up to her hair.

Faye came around the island counter with a juice box in hand. "If you can't decide, just do both," she sipped her juice. "Oh wait, just do purple! Blue and red make purple right?"

"I thought yellow and blue made purple," Lynn said, now finished with updating the calendar.

"Yellow and blue?" you racked your brain for knowledge about color theory that you knew didn't exist in your brain. "Doesn't that make green?"

"I thought yellow and red made green," Kaori said.

The four of you stared at each other blankly, all coming to the same conclusion that you all truly shared a single brain cell.