22

TO DIE FOR

TO DIE FOR

What is needed in order for the hunter to become the prey? A weakness. Sometimes we receive it, rather than choosing it by ourselves. A weakness shall vary from one another, some will have a family they wish to protect with the price of their life or perhaps a special person whom they hold dear to their heart. Some will have their title, too absorbed by this fatigue world to take into their own hands their life. Others might think of their fortune as a weakness, as they spent their entire life living for it, having no real purpose to follow. But despite the name an individual weakness finds it under, they all have on thing in common. They were all chosen by those who got damned by it.
    It was all a luxury she couldn't afford, no matter how much she tried to believe she did.

"Why are you swiping the floor?" a familiar voice took her away from her own thoughts with a light chuckle "Shouldn't you be celebrating?"

    Of course, many people would see her situation as a reason to celebrate. After all, she had everything she could ask for, a name, a title, fortune and people who would do anything she asked for. Having the possibility to get killed every time she stepped out of the house hold was surely nothing compared to what she was given.

"Only you could think this is something to celebrate for" she replied as she kept on with what she was doing

"Man" he sighed "I'm jealous to be fair, you have everything I ever wished for. Sometimes I wonder why he picked you, why not me...or anyone else"

"I do not know the answer myself, but I am not looking to question his decisions"

   Y/N always had a huge respect for the man who brought her in, took care of her and accepted her as she was, a filthy woman and a broken child. He put an use of her, despite her lacks, he trusted her, despite her nature, he cared for her despite the many mistakes that she has done. She owned him, even if she was regretting the moment she came in this town each time he called for her.

"What about that place?" Kou asked as he deepened his hands in his pockets

"Yababa said I don't have to return, everything has been taken care of. He doesn't need my assistance anymore, he will have someone competent to look over him" she replied as she put the broom down, taking a moment to sit down and relax her body

"That's not what I meant. Do you want to go back?" his eyes were watching her face, her expression, trying to figure out for the millionth time what was going on in that head of hers

"I have no reason to. I have no one to go back to" her stoic voice and expressionless face were making it truly hard to read

"Why can't you ever answer the question I am asking?" the boy laughed

Kou has been one of her partners, as Yababa placed them many times for missions together, but their 'friendship' was one sided, mostly coming from the boy who had an interest in the woman who has always acted like she was made out of thin glass.

"You know.." he began avoiding her eyes, looking at his dirty shoes "I won't hold back once things settle.." she remained silent

She was not expecting anything else, not even from those close to her in some way or another, after all, maybe if she was in their place, having their aspirations, she would do the same.

"I know I will probably die trying" he laughed "But at least I would be killed by someone I respect"

Despite his laugh, the words he was saying were morbid, talking about his death as if he was awaiting it. He was only 19, he had his entire life ahead and much more to live for, unlike her, he was immature and rather stupid from her point of view.

"Why would you do it if you know you'll die?" she asked, rather curious of the reason

"Because I would rather die doing what I wanted, trying for what I believed in, rather than living a life that has no meaning to me" he looked into her (e/c) eyes as if he was saying those words for her to hear only

"Don't you value life?"

"Each time I am talking to you I feel like I am talking to a child that's trowing a tantrum" he sighed "Despite being much older than me, you surely have not matured"

"You're bold, Kou" she said without any inflexion in her voice

"You should take my words to the heart, cause it may be the last your hear from me..do it even if it means you'll die. Won't you want to live the way you desire?" he asked her without actually expecting an answer from her, as he knew he wouldn't get one "Grow up, Y/N" was the last thing he said before he left

    Deep down she knew the younger boy was right about everything he had said, but she wasn't sure she had the courage to grow up. She had been doing all these things that will surely make her look all grown up, but it meant nothing as she was simply a child when it came to thinking, always taking the easy route, too scared to face the truth and too scared to let anyone see what she truly wished to become reality.
    Death would have gotten to her sooner or later, she wasn't immortal, and surely was not that strong to keep herself unharmed from everyone that was going to come for her throat the moment Yababa passed away. The question was if she wanted to die protecting something she hated only for the sake of a greedy old man or if she wanted to die for what she wanted to do and what she believed in?

_____________
i have decided upon 30 chapters for this book, so hold yourselves cause the end is much closer than you think hehe