17

FUN IN ADULTHOOD

FUN IN ADULTHOOD

Nothing in this world was given for free, out of the individuals kindness, cause in all honesty, no one was truly kind. No one had a heart as big as that to give out even the slightest bit and not to expect something in return, cause in this filthy world of madness, no living creature can allow themselves to give out without payment.

And she, she was one of those who were most aware of it. Everything she had gained, starting with her life that she sometimes wondered if it was living for, was given with a payment, a payment she needed to give out sooner or later.

The woman had so much gold and green bills that you could drown yourself in it, but it all meant nothing in the end. Every single thing that the human kind thrives for its entire life, she was now finding nothing more of it than rubbish. Not a single dime out of the millions she owned was worth anything. Many would have called her crazy, ungrateful or unworthy of everything she owned, but it was wrong. She was worthy of it all, as she worked more than anyone to gather it. Blood painted money, that's what her wealth truly was. At first she payed for it with her body, later she ended up paying with hundreds of live less bodies, as she couldn't keep selling her own.

But was it all really worth it? She had no one by her side, no family to carry on her shoulders, no friends to shed tears for and a heart who belonged to a man that can never love. Or so she thought.

"Y/N, Gojo is looking for you" the girl who's name was Nobara informed the woman that was too lost in her thought to actually notice her presence

"What for?" she asked as if the student would have known how to answer her

"I don't know" she confessed

Y/N sighed as she followed the girl back to where the man was. She was not expecting anything from him, not even after the kiss they shared, after all they had bigger things between them, all none of them mattered to the white haired male.

"Were you looking for me?" she asked rhetorically as she already knew the answer

Lately she was less aggressive towards him or anyone for that matter. It was hard at first, but she had to adapt as none of the people that were currently surrounding her were her targets, she truly had no reason to be barbaric with some kids.

"Ah, Y/N. Yes, I was. I have something in mind and I thought I should share it with you" he seemed as carefree as usual

"I don't care what you think or anyone for that matter. If you're not him, your thoughts have 0 value to me" she scoffed

As in him, she was referring to Yababa, the one whom she was taken care by for the last years, the one who gave her missions and the rewards for it.

"Maybe I should have put it in a different way. I have a proposal, one that should be fun enough for you to accept" he smiled

"I don't have much time, say it"

"Let's go clubbing tonight. I don't mean just you and me, don't get me wrong, I know how little is your sympathy for me" he laughed "Nanami is also coming along and a few of the faculty members. You might know some of them, Shoko for example. She was my classmate and is our doctor as well! I think she treated your wound"

"I never went to your doctor"

"Oh, I see. Anyways, Iori is also coming. She's the woman with the scar across her face, you surely saw her when you first arrived here. It's going to be fun and I'm sure you need a break as well. When was the last time you went out?"

"I don't count, probably when I was 19 or 20"

Gojo was a bit shocked to hear that the woman spent so many years without going out, he was almost sad for her. To live your best years being nothing else than a killer...it must have been pretty hard for her, especially considering the kind of person Yababa is.

"Wow, now you must come with us for sure" he said

"No" she refused instantly

"Megumi will be watched by another faculty member for the night so you don't have to worry about it

"Still, I won't come"

"You can borrow some more appropriate clothes from one of the girls that are coming along" he kept on trying to peruse her

"I don't want to Gojo" she was starting to get irritated with the man

"Why not?" and he kept pushing her buttons

She simply turned around without wanting to listen any longer to the man, she was not going to fight someone she knew she couldn't win against.

"I'll take that as a yes! Be ready by 10, we'll leave around that time!" he shouted after her as she was fading in the distance

She didn't hate the activity itself as she used to do it every other night when she was younger, she was actually really enjoying it, but she didn't think she should go this time. It didn't have anything to do with the fact that she had to watch over Megumi, after all she was still human and wanted to have fun just like anyone else, but she didn't think she could bring herself to see Gojo flirting and dancing with other women, not again at least.

"It looks amazing on you! But don't you wanna take something without sleeves? It's going to be hot" the woman with the prominent eyebags asked her

"No"

The last thing she wanted to do was show the entire world the scars on her arms that she hated so much.The reason behind it was even more horrifying as she couldn't care less about them as wounds, but why they were there...it was as a constant reminder of her cruel actions, taking lives for some cash.

"Should we go then? The others must be waiting already"

_______________
it's so nice to see you really getting invested into the story