•40•

Mature content ahead!

Annika woke up with a bright smile today. She got up feeling sunlight on her face. It just increased her smile.

"Happy birthday to me", he mumbled and looked beside her to see it empty. She frowned confused and called out his name to get no reply. She got up and looked at the poolside, washroom, closet but he was no where.

"What's this?", she mutter as she found a sticky note on her closet door.

Happy birthday
my pretty woman,
Good morning! Rise and shine my love, it's your day!
Freshen up, I have prepared a bath for you and get dressed in something
I love to see you ;)
Yours,
Shivaay!

She had a wide smile on her face reading the note and went inside the washroom to see bathtub filled with bubble bath. Her smile only widen seeing his gesture.

Taking a quick shower, she wore his favourite yellow saree. Leaving her hair damp, she applied her basics, sindoor and tied her nuptial chain. She applied kajal and eyeliner with a simple nude lipgloss.

Taking her phone, she went out of the room to go downstairs. As she reached in middle of staircase, sudden noise of party popper blasted making her look around to see entire family coming out from different direction singing happy birthday for her. Her happiness was of no bounds. She got down cupping her mouth.

"Happy birthday Annika/bhabhi", everyone wished her.

"Thank you so much everyone. I..I don't know what to say, it's really special for me", she said with emotional eyes.

She went to dadi and took her blessings who blessed her for happiness, success and good health. She then took blessing from elders who showered love over her.

"Happy birthday bhabhii", Rudra and Om hugged her making Annika giggle because of the force and hugged them back.

"Thank you so much, Om and Ru", she said parting from them. She looked towards Shivaay who walked to her.

"Happy birthday baby", he whispered in her ear hugging her. She rubbed his back saying thank you in her way.

"Thank you so much. You guys..my day has just started and I already feel extremely happy, special and blessed", she said as they parted. He smiled wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

"Bhabhi, don't get overwhelmed by only this much. Picture toh abhi shuru hui hai", Rudra said winking confusing it.

"Exactly! It's Annika's first birthday with us. It has to be grand. We'll have a huge party at evening. Invite everyone", Pinki said making Annika open her mouth but Shivaay cut her off.

"Of course mom! It's Annika's birthday after all", he grinned.

"No please. I don't want any grand birthday party", she objected making everyone confuse.

"Kyun puttar?", dadi asked.

"Dadi I want to spend my birthday only with my family and close one. Please, I will be more happy, I just want you guys", she said and she felt Shivaay holding her hand.

"But Annika-", Jhanvi stopped as they saw Annika making puppy face.

"As per our daughter want, we'll celebrate her birthday like that", Tej said making everyone nod with a smile. Annika looked at them grinning mumbling a thank you.