chapter ten | grayson

Surprisingly I didn't wake up with a headache, but I did wake up with someone's finger up my face. I open my eyes and smack Carter on the head.

"Ouch that hurt!" He says as he rubs his head. I rub a hand over my face "well whose fault is it waking me up early, Hmm?"

He gives me a deadpan look and points his finger to my clock. I turn to see what time it is, and it's currently noon.

"Oops?" I say more like a question. He lets out a chuckle before walking to my door. "We're going to the beach with the gang so be ready in an hour."

"Alright sounds good." I say as I let out a sigh and walk to my bathroom.

                           ♡ ♡ ♡ 

"Alright you ready?" I ask Carter who's putting on his seatbelt, while I put my black Nike hat on backwards and my Raybans on.

"Yes sir, time to go see the love of my life." Carter says as he connects his phone to the Bluetooth to my black Mercedes.

Can you tell my favorite color is black?

"You see her everyday man." I say back, reversing out of my driveway. "Hmm just wait until you find the love of your life and then you'll know why. Aka Everest." He says winking at me.

I roll my eyes and head towards Ria's friends house.

"Hey losers!" Ria says as she gets in the car. "Heyyy" we say back.

"Ooo are we going to the beach?" She exclaims as she claps her hands in excitement.

"Uhh no." I say as I start driving back to our house. "You are going home and staying there, because you haven't taken your medications and I don't want you getting more sick."

She gives me an ugly pout. "That's not fair though." "Mm yes it is don't want you going to the hospital again do we." Carter says facing her. She sticks her tongue out at him. "Hey! Be on my side Carter, you're always on my side." She says whining as she leans back into her seat and crosses her arm.

"To bad so sad." He says. Making him and me chuckle.

"We'll be back soon ok, Ms. Lisa should be here soon" I tell her as gets off the car. "Yes sir" she salutes like a soldier we let out a chuckle and I flip her off. She blows us a raspberry before running inside.

"Well let's head to the beach." I say starting my car once again.

                           ♡ ♡ ♡

Once we get there, Carter gets the small cooler and I get down the speaker. "What drinks do we have?" I ask "uhh we have sprite, Dr Pepper, and Gatorade's." Carter says as we walk to our friends that are sitting in a circle.

"Sounds good to me" I say. One thing we agreed on was we will only drink at parties and NO where else.

As we get closer I start to kinda regret this. Everest back is to us and I know that's her because of her hair and body.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." Carter whispers. I turn to look at him and flip him off.

"Ayy the hotties are here." Chris hollers. Making everyone turn to see us.

I obviously make eye contact with Everest.

"I'll race ya into the water bitches!" Marcus yells making us drop everything and run into the water.

                            ♡ ♡ ♡

"Well that was tiring." Everest says as she lays down on a towel. "Ugh I know, my hair is all tangled." Diana whines as she sits down beside her.

We all let out a chuckle. "Who are they?" I ask as a group of people are coming our way. "Uhh I have no idea." Chris says looking at all of us to see if we know them

"Wait" Makensie says squinting her eyes to see better "isn't that like students from y'all's hockey rival team?" She says we all pay closer attention and she's right.

"Omg you're right, that's the girl that said you got her pregnant right gray?" Everyone looks at me and I try avoiding a certain persons eyes.

I just nod, putting on my sunglasses back on "mhm, I never even hooked up with her, y'all stay cool there coming this way." I say as I fold my arms in front of my chest.

"Hey motherfuckers!" Daniel aka the asshole yells at us. Makensie and Diana just flip him off.

They come up to us, and it's Daniel, Alyssa, Walter, and Justin.

Why the fuck is Walter looking at my everest like that? I mean who the fuck names their kid Walter!

She takes her sunglasses off checks him out with a scowl on her face and flips him off.

That's my girl.

Well not yet....

I shake those thoughts away and speak up "y'all are making this akward so how about you leave Hmm?"

"Nah I think we'll stay and talk to the new girl." Daniel says looking down at Everest.

She stands up and puts her  hand out to shake. I take this time to check her out once again.

Why does she have to look so good everyday.

"I'm Everest nice to meet you" they all shake her hand, Walter holding onto her hand a bit longer. I step forward just a little and he looks at me and smirks.

Alyssa looks  at her and rolls her eyes "Hmm a whore i see." The three girls let out a scoff. "Yeah mhm says the girl who wants every guy up her ass but yet can't get one." Everest says with a fake pout.

It's Alyssas turn to let out a scoff "what the fuck did you just say?"

"Oh you heard me, umm Ava right? Next time know your facts first love." Everest says.

This makes Alyssa red in anger and storms off the three guys following behind her.

"This won't be the last time you hear about me Eve." Walter says looking at her and winking before leaving.

"Eww I think I'm about to throw up." She says making us chuckle. "Man that was fun to watch." Carter says.

"I know I didn't even have time to get my popcorn." Marcus whines. "Omg of course you're thinking of food right now." Diana says hitting the back of his head. Making us all start laughing at the soon to be love birds.

—————————————————————————
New chapter!!

I have another chapter I am editing right now and will post soon. That will probably be the last chapter I update in a while. Because I'm going to be working on TAE so I can have the same chapters for both books :))

See ya next chapter byeeee <3