Japan...

"You injected me with the Nazi serum?" Nate asked. Apparently, Amaya had snuck back on to the ship to kill Mick. She was currently in the brig and we were in the parlour catching Nate up to speed.

"Which I'd designed to quintuple my own strength and transform my skin into an alloy a hundred times stronger than steel." Ray defended himself.

"Steel, that's a cool name." My brother grunted before taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Yeah, especially since my grandfather was called Commander Steel. But what does that make me? Corporal Steel? Mr. Steel? Citizen Steel?"

"You know those aren't Cisco Ramon approved names, right?" I asked him, receiving a chuckle from Jax.

"Who cares? You got superpowers now dude!" Jax hyped him up.

"Except I don't know how I turned to steel in the first place."

"Ray'll teach you." Sara told him.

"He will?" Ray asked, confused.

"You said it yourself, you redesigned the serum." Sara reminded him of his words from a minute before.

"Which I did beautifully, but it's not like I have some sort of instruction manual." He countered.

"Guess you'll have to wing it. Now, I'm going to have a little chat with our stowaway." Sara left us all in the parlour.

"This is gonna be so much fun!"

XXX

"When I was a kid, I used to play JSA versus Nazi's with my dolls."
"When you were a kid? We not going to mention the amount of action figures you had up in your college dorm every time I came over?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." He denied. "But, it doesn't matter because I have superpowers now and it feels awesome."

"Your powers manifested as a result of heightened adrenaline response." Ray explained to him.

"Basically, Amaya threatened you and you reacted." I dumbed it down for him.

"So now, what we need to do is duplicate the conditions which caused you to, you know, steel on." Ray added.

"Wait, so you want to threaten me?" Nate asked, confused.

"Not exactly." He raised his photon blaster to Nate's face.

"Wait, let's discuss this."

XXX

"Yeah, come on!" Jax encouraged them. Jax and I were sitting on a crate, his arm wrapped around my neck.

"If Grandpa Heywood could see me now." Nate said after taking another blast from Ray.

"Professional?" Amaya asked Sara.

"Ish." She corrected. Ray blasted two more shots at Nate, but he took them.

"Oh, I know you're not gonna take that Ray. Go crush that tin man!" Jax encouraged Ray.

Ray banged into Nate, but Nate's body stayed still.

"Nice try."

"Come on." Ray complained. Nate nudged him back. Ray flew into the cargo bay door, opening. Accidentally, Nate grabbed on to me and we were both sucked into the temporal zone.

"Are you okay Nate?" I asked as I tried to gain my composure from the fall.

"Edo Period." He said, ignoring my comment. "Mid 17th century Japan. Cool." We both collapsed, almost simultaneously.