JSA...

6 months later...

It's been six months to the day since 9/11. I was lucky enough to get out of the building before the explosion. I got a job as an auto mechanic under a fake name and have been working there for six months. I rented out a crappy apartment because I thought the team would be back by now. All of a sudden it hit me, they could just be dead. I got control over my powers and started creating irregular storms to see if they would find me. I was in the middle of creating another, when a tall man approached me.

"Veronica Rory?" I turned around and placed a knife at the man's throat.

"Hey, he's with us." Jax's voice behind him. I lowered the knife and jumped into Jax's arms. "Thank god you're okay." He whispered into my ear as he set me down.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah. I'm great now."

"When did you get dropped?" I asked him.

"England, 821. Me and Stein. What about you?"

"9/11."

"Wait, what? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I smiled and put my hand on his cheek. The man cleared his throat which made me study him further. "Nate?"

"It's about time you recognized me." I walked up to him and hugged him.

"You know him?" Jax asked me. I turned around to face him, and he looked almost jealous.

"Me and Nate went to college together before I dropped out to pay Mick's bail."

"You never did call me back." He smiled at me.

"Well, we better get back to the waverider." I smiled. I was walking next to Jax who had a frown on his face.

"What?"

"Nothing." He denied and picked up his pace.

XXX

"I'm sorry, but so far I haven't been able to detect any historical alteration that would indicate Mr. Hunter was stranded in time." Nate told us back on the waverider.

"Uh, why don't we just ask Gideon where he is?" I proposed.

"Who's Gideon?" Gideon popped up in the middle of the bridge.

"Greetings, Dr. Heywood. I am the ship's artificial consciousness."

"Gideon, we need you to tell us where Rip is." Sara told her.

"I'm afraid I have no idea, but I'd be happy to play his final message for you all."

"Final message?" Ray asked, analyzing her words.

"Sorry for stranding you all throughout history." We turned towards the parlour where a hologram video message of Rip was playing. "But, it was the only way to save you. Well, you know what they say, 'Captain must never abandon his ship'. Well, neither shall I abandon hope of seeing you all again someday, somewhere in time. As flawed and unruly as you are individually, together you are the best crew, the best team a captain could ever hope for. So, stick together. And remember, history is yours now, my dear legends. Good luck." The message fritzed out.

XXX

"So, what do we do now?" We had all taken some time and reconveined in the library where we were discussing our next move.

"We drink." Mick grumbled. I simply nodded in agreement. My head was leaning against Jax's shoulder and his arm was around my back.

"It's not like we were exactly time masters, even with Rip." Sara pointed out.