Pt. 1 - The Letter

Kaeya had finally worked up the courage to tell the stone-cold alchemist his feelings. The days of daydreaming and staring at him in secret were over.

He didn't quite lack courage, he was the Calvary Captain after all, it was the fact that he didn't want to mess up his confession. If he fumbled his words he would never show up to work again...how could one guy get him so worked up? Then again it was those eyes that first struck Kaeya as beautiful. Of course Albedo's stoic and calm personality only furthered his obsession. He needed a way to convey his emotions.. Luckily for Kaeya - the drunkard bard at the tavern wasn't as useless as he appeared. He's quite skilled with words (when he's sober), and helped Kaeya write a love letter for Albedo.

It was later in the day, just late enough so you could see the stars. When Albedo ushered Kaeya to enter, Kaeya felt the cool breeze from the window. "Ah, Sir Kaeya. Always a pleasure to see you." The alchemist said looking up from his work for a brief moment. A telescope was perched against the window, an alchemist viewing stars? How odd Kaeya thought.

Albedo saw the mild confusion in the Captains eyes and decided to explain, he liked to talk about his work. It gave him a sense of pride. "Although I am not an astrologer, I figured studying the chemical composition of stars could further my research on the elements, as well as the contents of the universe."
Kaeya tilted his head to the side,

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about, stargazing is entertaining. Fitting for you, your eyes shine just as bright as the stars. "

Albedo smiled a little, "I suppose that might be a another reason for my research tonight..."

Kaeya chuckled. "Always beating around the bush, Mr. Chief Alchemist? Nothing wrong with taking place in a natural desire for fun." Albedo just shrugged and moved towards Kaeya.

"Anyhow, what brings you here Sir Kaeya?" Kaeya felt butterflies in his stomach, he wasn't even that close, and this was the moment he had practiced for.

"I came here to deliver this to you." Kaeya said, his voice wavering.
Albedo took the letter from Kaeya's hand, shaking for reasons unknown to the alchemist and smiled.

"You make it sound like it was a long journey, my office isn't all that far from yours." The Calvary Captain was ready for any outcome, but he was nervous nonetheless. He had waited, and waited for Albedo to come to Mondstadt, it was now or never.
Albedo opened the letter, his pale skin glowing rose as he finished the letter. He didn't dare to look up Kaeya. Kaeya couldn't figure out what was on his mind, Albedo was so unreadable. Was he blushing out of embarrassment? Or had the Captain succeeded in flustering the Alchemist.

"Sir Kaeya...this is a truly beautiful poem, the penmanship and the word choice..." Albedo stuttered, a lump forming in his throat. "You conveyed such emotions I failed to, express to you, I wish to tell you that I reciprocate your feelings." Albedo finally looked up at the Captain's longing eyes, filled with pure bliss.

Mellifluous On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara