Chapter 8 - Part 2

Start from the beginning

"I don't have protection." He murmured, regretfully. But he didn't let me down. I was still up against the wall.

"I'm on the pill," I assured him.

I had made my decision before we had entered the small dark musty room. There was no going back for me. No matter what.

I needed this more than I needed anything.

His mouth found mine. We still had on too much clothing but that was easily remedied with a few hurried yanks and positioning.

The moment I sank down and joined our bodies together allowed my head to fall back against the wall. I groaned and closed my eyes, letting myself take in the physical closeness of him.

"Don't stop," I told him, needing only what he could give me. A moment of ecstasy, blocking all else out.

His breathing was laboured, his fingers dug into my skin. It would leave bruises but I didn't care. I just needed more.

"More," I whispered moving to wrap my arms around his neck as our body moved together, in sync with only one goal in our minds.

His mouth smothered mine when I finally gasped when I came and just moments later he stiffened. Our bodies held still as we finished what we had been barrelling towards since the first time we had kissed.

I felt suspended in the cocoon of warmth and I didn't want to break the spell. My skin still tingled where he touched me and my lips still felt the pressure of his.

He hung his head to rest it against my neck as I breathed deeply in and out trying to catch my breath as the realisation of what I had just done began to take hold.

The want, the need for him that had felt unstoppable before was now wavering as the consequences began to set in and the inevitable guilt replaced it. I had swung from exhilaration to the lowest feeling that made me hate myself.

He took a breath and I closed my eyes wishing I was anywhere but there. I didn't want to see his expression or feel the guilt of betraying Max. But there was no taking back any of what had just happened. There was no time machine to erase what we had just done.

Slowly, he moved and allowed me to stand. My legs felt shaky so I leaned against the wall still trying to wrap my mind around my reckless actions. He moved his clothes back in place all the while avoiding eye contact with me.

I righted my clothes in the heavy silence that settled between us.

"Reece." The sound of my name on his lips shook me.

I finally lifted my eyes to meet his.

I wanted to avoid this part. The part where we finally had to admit what was going on. We couldn't avoid it any longer.

Max.

My heart broke. What had I done? My lip trembled and Aiden reached for my hand. I shouldn't have let him take it into his or squeeze it gently.

My eyes stung and I couldn't stop myself from tearing up.

Aiden was silent while he pulled me into a hug. I gripped his shirt trying not to cry.

"It's okay," he murmured softly.

I wanted to believe him, I wanted to be able to tell myself that despite what had happened there would be a way to make it right but deep down I knew there was no going back. There was no sweeping this under the rug and trying to ignore it.

I let out a shaky breath.

Lacey. The guilt doubled.

While my friend was fighting for her life I had been messing around with a boy I shouldn't have in the janitor's closet. Who was this person? I was disgusted with myself. I pushed away gently and wiped my tears.

"Reece." Aiden's voice caressed me and I wanted to hold onto to it and let everything else fall away.

But I couldn't.

My moment of madness had passed and all that was left was reality.

"We shouldn't have." My voice was defeated.

"But we did." He shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

I couldn't deal with this right now. I had to be there for my friend.

When I made a move to walk past him he grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

"We need to talk about this Reece. You can't runaway from this."

I kept my eyes averted from his. I was scared if I looked at him again he would be able to pull me back into his arms and I wouldn't want him to let me go.

"Just not tonight. Not here."

He released me.

"Fine. But we are going to talk about this."

I nodded.

We had no choice. Our actions had repercussions and it was time to face them.

I left quietly, unable to look back.