The sound of the driver obnoxiously pushing the car horn irritated me to no end, a headache feeling itself on the edge of breakout. This day could not get worse... or maybe it could. I really didn't want to tempt fate anymore.

It can always get worse.

Unlocking my apartment's door I finally arrived home. After what usually would be a ten minute ride home turned into a forty minutes one, given to an accident. Two cars have crashed against each other, one of them flipping and ending up in a big mess.

"I'm home." I announced tiredly, throwing my keys on the coffee table and soon myself onto the couch. The house smelt so amazing that it made my stomach roar.

Divya came into her line of sight, a brow raised and a light pink apron on. "About time you arrived." The brown skinned beauty spoke with sarcasm.

"There's was an accident on the highway, to my wonderful luck." I shot a glance behind me, "Is the food ready?"

"It has been ready for little than ten minutes, I was waiting for you so we could eat together, actually."

"Aren't you adorable." I pinched my roommate's cheeks playfully and walked pass her towards the kitchen—where there was two plates served on the counter.

I headed to the fridge and got out drinks for each of us, a coke for myself and a sprite for my friend. Handing her the can I sat on a barstool and didn't waste time to finally start on my meal—and I had to hold back a moan at how heavenly it tasted.

"So... what happened? What did Brendan do to get you on a mood?" Divya questioned before taking a bite of her chicken.

"I caught him fucking his ex," I shrugged carelessly, not really giving a fuck anymore. It was not like I didn't care at all, but I kind of did see it coming—Brendan mentioned his ex a bit too much, making me think he was still not over her.

Turns out I was right.

Divya's dark brown eyes widened at the information, "Oh my god? Then why are you acting like you don't care? Except your annoyance."

I finished munching before speaking, "I do care to certain degree. I care because he made me look stupid and wasted my time, other than that... not really."

"Well, I told you he looked like a douchebag, but those seem to be your type of men and don't even get me started on your type of women." Divya pointed around loosely with her fork.

"My type in women is not that bad."

"If you don't consider stuck up bitches a bad type..."

I pouted in thought and moved my head slightly in agreement. "No, I don't. Those fuck the best."

"What a way to express yourself Kade." The desi girl frowned, making me laugh at the roll of eyes I received from her. "You got work tomorrow?" Divya changed the subject.

"I do, actually. It's my free day, but my dad wanted me to come by the office early, he says he's got a job for me."

"That's good right?" You have been asking him to get you something for days." Divya got up from the barstool to go wash her now empty dish — that was then taken away from her hands.