Trailing down the hall till the door you were looking for came into view, you lightly knocked on it hearing a soft 'come in'.

Twisting the handle and ducking your head in you spotted your navy haired friend slouched in his desk chair, a pencil was clenched tightly in hand while scribbles upon scribbles littered the paper before him. Stepping into the room and closing the door softly behind you, you trailed over towards the boy leaning over his shoulder as if to take a peek at his work, your chin dropping softly onto the fabric of his blazer.

"You alright?" Your tone of voice was soft, worry was clearly woven through each word yet he could only just let out a long sigh in response.

"I'm just frustrated." Answering with that before releasing the steel grip on his writing utensil the navy haired boy leaned back into his chair peering up at you now that you'd pulled back from resting over his shoulder.

Blue eyes right away drifted across your features taking them in before he spoke once more, "He acts so perfect and I don't know if I can compete."

Pursing your lips at this you reached out softly cupping the boys facing in your hands, thumbs lightly running across the skin of his cheeks. You knew in this moment that he just needed some reassurance. "You don't need to compete Jonathan. You're already at the top in my books."

Taking in your words he visibly relaxed, his own hands raised to take yours off his face holding them in response. Your hands were always a bit smaller than his own, perhaps when he grows older they'd be substantially smaller.

"Thank you I-" His words were cut off quickly by the sound of a loud grumble followed by a gurgling sound. Both of which resonated from his stomach leading the boy to flush in embarrassment and you to hold back a laugh.

Tugging your hands away from his, you patted his head softly, "why don't we sneak into the kitchen and get you something to eat? Yeah?" Suggesting that you watched him scrunch up his face.

"Wouldn't we get in trouble?"

Waving your hand in a 'whatever' motion you smiled reassuringly, "it'll be fine. It's my idea anyway so even if we did get caught I'd take the blame." Taking his hand in your own you tugged the navy haired boy out of his chair urging him to follow.

Moving quickly down the hall mindful to avoid places that your parents and Mr.Joestar might've been. Turning down another hall you stopped before where you recalled the kitchen was pushing the door open and ushering your companion inside.

Luckily enough the Joestar house had two kitchens, one closer to the dining room and one in a separate wing of the house for whenever and if ever the family wanted to make something themselves.

"Should we turn the light on?" Keeping the doorway cracked open Jonathan watched you walk farther into the dark kitchen, arms outstretched to feel what was around.

"No, no someone will-" Your words were cut off by a pained groan having stumbled over a rubbery mat on the floor and into one of the counters.

Holding back a laugh he closed the kitchen door flicking on the light. "Are you alright?" Catching sight of your form crouched among the ground he watched you pop back up almost as soon as he spoke.

"Yeah yeah, peachy. Now, what do you feel like eating?" Disregarding the slight pain from having run into the counter you trailed towards the cupboards peering through them, nothing caught your attention off the bat leading to you move off towards another cupboard.

"Whatever there is to make I guess, I haven't really been in the extra kitchen for some time." Humming that out Jonathan trailed off towards another cupboard peering in, the contents were close to bare only really have a few cracker boxes.

Releasing a hum in response to his statement you practically crawled into one of the cabinets finding two jars sitting near the back, both of which were filled with something you were familiar with. "Well if you can find some bread I can whip up a good ol study snack that I used to eat?" Calling that back towards your companion he right away began shuffling around the room retrieving a loaf of bread.

Trailing over towards where you stood he set the bread on top of the counter, blue hues observed the way you cut it up into moderately thick slices before sliding the two jars over. "Do you mind opening these?"

"Oh sure." Doing as you'd asked Jonathan popped open both jars with little to no effort, one of the jars he could easily recognize as jam while the other he wasn't too sure on. "What are you making?"

Taking the knife currently clutched within your hand you'd taken a blob of jam spreading it onto one of the bread slices, "Have you ever heard of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?" Asking that you'd quirked a brow towards the navy haired boy waiting for his response.

"I don't think so." Raking through his brain for anything remotely close to what you'd said he ended up letting out a noise to go along with his words confirming that he did not know exactly what you were talking about.

Having swapped off to begin spreading peanut butter on the other slice you slapped the two together cutting it in two triangular pieces. "Well then, I'll be happy to have been the first to offer you what I indulge myself in at least once a week." A smile stretched out across your lips as you'd slid the plate towards where he was leaning against the counter.

Eyeing the sandwich somewhat suspiciously Jonathan stared at the contrasting colours of the jam and Peanut Butter before reaching a hand out to pick up one of the slices from the plate. "Is it sweet?" The words left his lips quickly and his attention moved up towards where you stood.

"I'd say it's pretty sweet, somewhat savoury but you really just have to give it a try to understand what I'm talking about." Leaning onto the counter and resting your chin in the palm of your hand you waited for the navy haired boy to try the sandwich already.

Taking a breath he looked back down towards the sandwich taking a moderately small bite. The sweetness of the jam instantly made itself known followed by the odd smoothness of the peanut butter, the two flavours overall complimented each other quite well.

Watching his expression light up almost instantly you smiled softly watching him practically gobble down the rest of it.

"It's that good huh?"

He merely nodded in agreement now moving onto the second half of the sandwich. To say he was thankful for you helping him out now was an understatement, you've done so much for him and have been so kind since the beginning that maybe just maybe. . .he might have developed a small crush on you.

Now, unknown to the two of you there had been a bystander observing the whole interaction.

Amber hues peered in through the gap between the doorway observing the way the two of you interacted. There was a certain air around the two of you almost alluding towards something more than a friendship but he knew otherwise.

Hearing the both of you laugh he released a low hum pulling away from the doorway, he'd have to plan later.

◥✥◤

My friend pointed out that I wrote Jonathan eating the sandwich as if he's trying 'poor' people food- and I laughed so hard