Orphan's Holiday

Prompt by thiswaytoomuchfame  "Have them celebrate Mother's Day/ Father's Day (I feel like it would be cute bc they haven't had a real mom or dad for 5 years)"

Say less sis...

(Keep in mind that this was supposed to be posted before the latest chapter of the main story😬)

Chloe was glad that nobody was in her room right now. She didn't want anybody to see the warm tears rolling down her face.

Mother's Day. It could have been so much different.

She could've been with her birth mother, could have been talking to her, seeing her own eyes reflected in the woman's face. She wanted to see her bright smile. The smile she would only ever see again in pictures. She wanted to hear her laugh. Oh, how she desperately wanted to hear her laugh. She no longer heard her mother's screams. Screams that she used to hear in her dreams. Screams that, on a day like this, she was grateful to be free from the ringing in her ears it used to leave. This should be a happy day. Not some day spent in bed mourning what was and what will never be again.

Her sobs filled up the silence of her room. Her tears felt like they were falling directly from her heart. They shook her whole body and it seemed as if the tears would never stop, but there was something therapeutic in their endlessness. It was as if she was washing away some of the toxic thoughts that wouldn't allow her to move on. Chloe thought about how ungrateful she was being. She might not have had her birth mother but she wasn't a motherless child. Not anymore at least. She had a family. With them, she felt safe and happy and loved. That's what a family was, right? A group of people who loved you so much, and you loved them back with such intensity that it didn't matter if you were related by blood or not, because your hearts were already connected?

Okay you've planned this day out for over a week. Why are you acting like this, she asked herself. Chloe stopped her useless crying and sat up in bed just to flop back down and stare at the ceiling. She realized there was a void. There was still a little opening for her birth parents, because that small, stupid, naive part of her heart still believed she could see them again. That part of her heart couldn't be convinced by all the logic in the world that her birth parents would never be coming back. So her heart still left that opening, in hopes that one day, Lisa and Boris Bailey would have room inside of her, and she would be whole again. Because of that part of her heart, she would never be whole, because there would always be that emptiness that could never be filled. And she hated herself for it.

Halle felt so stupid with these tears rolling down her face, because she wasn't supposed to cry. She was supposed to be mature and act her age. Shawn and Bey would be so ashamed of her. Maybe it would've been acceptable in her early childhood, to feel so low and to want to bury her head in her mother's shoulder. And by mother she meant the still sleeping blonde woman down the hall.