"Stop it you asshole. You have been saying the same shit for a while now so don't start right now. As soon as we get back to home, you and I are going to talk. Everything. I don't want to be not a part of your life. I have been so oblivious to everyone around me that...that I didn't even what was happening in your life. So please, please Drew. Please don't talk like that." I managed to say between my sobs. His hug became tighter as he refused to let me go not that I wanted to. We stayed like that for a few seconds when we were sure that no more tears were going to shed. He wiped his eyes with his sleeve as I faced him.

"We will. When we get back, I'll share everything. Every single thing." He mumbled softly. I only gave a nod of acknowledgement and without any single word I left the room.

I rounded a corner, passed the dining area and stood outside a room which belonged to Marcus, as for now atleast. The door was slightly a jar so I opened door without knocking.

I should have knocked, I really should have.

"Oops. Sorry." The apology came out faster than my eyes could blink.

Marcus was sitting on a chair, his shirt was half off his shoulder displaying his hard chest muscles, and he looked so embarrassed like he could die any moment.

"No, we are sorry. We should have locked the door." A delicate, gulity voice strutted hurriedly. The voice belonged to a girl who I had never seen before, she might be member of this pack. I didn't know that for sure still what I was sure of was that I had never seen Marcus with anyone.

I shifted my gaze from him to the girl. She was beautiful with brown skin and wavy hair. She was wearing grey sweatpants and shirt. Marcus and she shared a silent eye contact which I was sure, conveyed more than an outsider could understand.

When she left, Marcus tried to collect his disheveled self. He combed his hair with hands.

"What are doing here?" He asked. Even though his voice was strong un, he refused to meet my eyes. If it weren't for D, I would have teased him.

"Did you talk to James?"

"Oh..um, yeah. He said things are moving in right direction. Lamnek is out to meet his partners," He continued with an eye roll, "Alpha talked with council and they had arranged a team to follow him. For an Alpha, he is quite dumb. He left his pack unprotected to meet people for whom he is just an insect which could be crushed anytime."

"These people, they are surprisingly....nice?" Sentence came out more of question than statement. My confusion was very evident by how Marcus stopped avoiding eye contact.

"This pack, these people, they are not what you think they are. Lamnek had tortured his people more than any outsider could, he had killed many of his own brother and sister just to be on the throne of Alpha." Marcus sighed and he reclaimed his seat on the chair, "Lamnek and Hunter made them cry bloody tears. They...they have suffered a lot. In my opinion all they want is peace or a better leader. And I think they are nice to us because of Drew. He is like an son to them to take cares of them." He concluded with sigh. Then his eyes moved to meet mine.

"So why are even here? You saw how Hunter attacked Drew even though these people will choose Drew over their own Beta. Why..you risked his safety? You could have..." I left my sentence unfinished but Marcus got I wanted to say. For a second he seemed guilty but then his face returned to his straight face.

"I am doing what I am supposed to do. If we are here, I would like to gather as much information as I can. I know you don't trust people here but you can trust me. We are going back today before Hunter get his sense back or Lamnek returns."

I merely nodded. I understood where he was coming from but we were talking about Drew's life. Yeah, we actually came here for information and yes, he was doing exactly that but .. maybe I was being overly emotional.

"Listen, I get it is hard but you have to believe me, I would never put you or Drew or any of my pack member in any kind of danger. You saw how Emilio helped us, how all of them fussing over Drew and how they have restricted everyone going near him who don't like us. So don't keep any hard feelings." After his words settled I realized how lucky I am to have an leader like him. He treats as just as he treats his family with love and care.

"Also after your accident," He pointed at head where I had an injury not too lang ago, "When Jake busted your head, James had been in touch with Emilio. He was the only one who was shocked at that time. He told us when Lamnek was planning to meet his allies."

Realization downed on me as his words finally, finally got what he meant. "You mean you knew that there is no danger or..." He nodded. I was bewildered after his conformation. "So, why the hell were we playing James Bond before? We could have entered this house normally." I scoffed.

"Better safe than sorry."

Rolling my eyes, I left his room to go and pack my stuff which I used here in past few days. After nearly four, we stood outside on the fornt porch as people gave us parting hugs. In the midst of people one person was missing. That was was being searched by the anxious eyes of Drew.

"Where is Hunter?" He inquired to someone, a man, again I didn't know his name. He seemed surprised at first, maybe because why would he want to know where that Beta was?

"In his room." He answered awkwardly. Drew sighed after hearing that in a manner which showed he was feeling bad.

"Wait for me. I'll be back in min.."

"No." I exclaimed as Drew moved to go back in the house. He looked hesitant but didn't stop so I continued, "What do even...Drew, he is not in right place of mind. You can talk to him later." I plead. Drew sighed, he looked at me with soft eyes.

"You can come with me if it is making you so worried," His suggestion was so stupid and it was clearly showing on face. I turned to Marcus for some support but he shrugged not even bothered by my blazing glare. In the end, I wasn't left any other choice so I followed him like a obident puppy.

When we reached his room, Dree stopped me. His hand was holding my arm as he heaved a sigh.

"What?"

"Can you...can you wait outside?"

"No."

"Wait outside." He slipped into the room after shutting the door in my face. I debated going inside but controlled my ever overthinking brain. If Drew wants to have a few moments alone with the person who was dating his mate, said person can also strike him and can't be trusted, I will not interfere.

There is just a door between us.

Just a door.

____________________

This chapter is unnecessarily long and late. And crap.

Also a big THANK YOU to everyone who voted or added or simply read this story. I am trying to update frequently because I want finish this soon but my exams are killing me. (Government job exams are so tough(T_T)

Vote-comment-share.❤️