* . °•★| SAFE AND SOUND |☆•° . *

Keys

Italics = Thoughts

             .・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。. .・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

              ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

             Twinkle, twinkle, little star,

              How I wonder what you are...

              Up above the world so high,

                Like a diamond in the sky.

              Twinkle, twinkle, little star,

              How I wonder what you are!

               ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

            There are multiple kinds of surprises, a variety that will present themselves in a majority of ways. There is the eyeopener being shocked beyond belief to the double whammy--double take. Where you must catch another glance at what you markedly missed to make sure to thoroughly inspect the second time. While these forms of shock are impressive, nothing can compare to the effects of "The Standstill."

            For, the consternation etched onto the eternal pair of pals' visages was in a class of its own.

                                       ✧

            The discovery is nothing short of incomprehensible. There lo and behold dangled the sphinxlike root of the travelers' astonishment, prompting their jaws to drop to the mud-caked soil. Upon meeting the two's out-of-socket stare, the humanoid flashed them a doe-eyed look. Their curiosity spiked themselves to bubbly flutter their lashes as they struck the starstruck explorers with a gaze embarking on crystallized luminescence.

            In the presence of vulnerability, Sylvia clenched her eyes to shroud every ounce of the being's bareness. Her snout scrunched up as if she had eaten something sour she shook her head to and fro to block out the reappearing image in her head. However, her negligent actions were put to a sudden halt when a prickly sensation prodded the side of her neck. The wispy tingle caused her to flinch as she trickily creaked open one of her optics only to be greeted with a rather pusillanimous display. 

            There lied her dear pal burying his wooly orange head into the crook of her nape. His hirsute gracile figure palpitated pathetically against her.