Chapter 22

Jennifer
I breathed heavily. I fanned my face and closed my eyes, hoping this was a dream. Reopening them, the beautiful place became beautiful again.

Furrowing my eyesbrows, I step closer and sat on a log, looking at the blue-green water.

Snap.

Shooting up, I turn my head. A red wolf emerged from the trees. Unlike Celeste's, it had a white tipped tail. It's eyes droops as it whimpers. I follow her gaze down to her leg, a huge bite mark was seen on it.

The skin around it was torn. The meat kinda scattered. I eternally cringed.

I stepped closer to her, she coward away. "Please, I'm trying to help you," I said, holding my hands out in surrender. The she- wolf stepped towards me carefully. I let her lay down and rest while I go find a herb.

Finally finding a bush with herbs (for some reason), I pick some of the leaves up. "Come near the water," I waved her towards the still, slightly steaming water.

I patted the herb on her leg and scooped up the warm water. I let the water do it's thing, then, I help the herb stay in place. I slightly pressed on it, making her whimper loudly. "Sorry," I released my hand.

"Can you please shift?" I ask her softly. She shook her head. I stood up and ran over to a tree. Picking up the extra clothes I put there, up in the branches, I run back to the she- wolf. "Here, you can put this on," I ushered her behind the tree.

I heard bones clicking into place, and a girl came out from behind the tree. Her right leg was as badly injured.

"Come sit here," I motioned her to sit down on the log beside me. "What happened to your leg?" I asked.

She whimpered but answered, "a rogue attacked me just down there," she pointed into the woods, "where that stream follows," she finished.

"Into the creek?" I furrowed my eyebrows. She nodded her head in confirmation. "Where the warriors can't smell their scent," I whispered. "I guess," the girl said.

"What's your name?" I asked her. "My name is Elizabeth, but almost everyone calls me Beth."

"Hello Beth, I'm Jennifer, my friends call me Jen," I smile back and she returns it.

"How old are you?" I said after a pause. Her smile dropped. "What?- what's the matter?" I furrowed my eyebrows in worry.

"I don't know," she mumbled quietly. "Oh," was all I said. We sat in silence, besides the noise of nature.

I heard soft whimpers, so I turned to look at Beth. She had silent tears trailing down her face. "Oh Beth," I scooted next to her and patted her back, giving her a side hug.

"All I remember was being held captive in a dark place," she paused sniffing, "then, there was also this dude and he kept talking about his wife and kids. He said that he hadn't been there for them and I felt so sorry for him. I was alone the whole time because he was always being taken away."

"Were you two the only ones being held captive at the mysterious place?" I rubbed her back softly in a comforting way. She shook her head, "there were lots of them, only us two were kept in these two cells in one room."

"So you technically are rogue," I stated titling my head. She nodded her head. "Well let's go to Alpha Niall," I gloomily said.

She whines and stood up. "I'm scared, will he accept me?" I then stood up, "yes, and I will tell him about our encounter."

Then we looped arms and made our way to him.

******** ⚓ ********

I opened the pack door, until someone tackled Beth down, bringing me with her. Beth let out a small groan from the impact on her healing legs. A loud growl was heard from up the stairs. Niall climbed down the stairs and looked at Beth, then to me. I swear I just saw his eyes soften.

I mentally glared at him and got up. Beth giggled out of nowhere, making both me and Niall looking at her and Zach. They were both smiling and looking at each other with adoration.

They both stood up, smiling like fools. Ah, so alike. "We're mates," Beth and Zach said softly. My eyes widen in shock. "Woah," I whispered.

"Congratulations!" I yelled and hugged them both. Niall came up behind me and I pulled off of the two couples. "Since you two are couples, I'll let you live," Niall huffed.

"You- you were going to kill me?" Beth whispered. Zach growled. "No he isn't, I was going to save you, you know," I motioned with my hands, making open arms. Beth nodded and hugged me back.

"Here, go get cleaned up babe," Zach said putting an arm around Beth. She giggled and they walked off, leaving me and Niall alone in the living room.

I huffed and walked to the front door. "See you later Alpha," I nodded my head at Niall and exited the house. As I was closing the door, I caught a glimpse of his frown.

******** ⚓ ********

After walking back to the beautiful place, I take one last sniff of nature. Then, I walked back to my car. My phone rang and I got it.

Music Camp

I swiped the screen, turning it off. I drove off, back home, to face my mom.

I finally arrived at home. Locking my car, I head inside. The house smelled like coffee and lavender.

"Jennifer? Is that you honey?" Mom walked to the front door, where I stood. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry," she cried. I moved towards her, hugging her.

"I need- I just-" she cut off, not being able to finish. "I need proof, you said your wolf was back, right?" She wiped her tears and waited for my answer.

"Yes, but she is still weak and I want her to be able to have enough strength," I rubbed my arms after retreating from her warm body.

"Okay honey, still, I'm sorry and I want you to get your wolf back in shape," she hesitated, "I want you to train, I'll call Alpha Niall."

My eyes widen. "Mom?" She hummed in response. "Will I be training with someone specific or the whole group?" I questioned. She paused, "I want you to train in the group." I sighed in relief, not wanting to train with just one tutor.

She pat my head and tip- toed to kiss the top of my head. Considering she is now two inches shorter than me. "Go to sleep," she whispered. I nod my head and slip out of her hold.

Climbing up the stairs, I past the all purpose bathroom. My grandpa was singing in the back ground, he was singing an ancient song, with words I didn't understand.

He had a nice voice, even for his age. Wait, his voice just cracked. I cupped a hand over my mouth, as he faked a cough.

I ran up to my room, closed the door, and belly flopped onto the bed. Taking off my shirt, I also pull off my hair band.

Laying in my bed, I turned off the lights. In the dark, I see car lights, shine through the closed windows. Closing my eyes, I try to sleep.

My thoughts kept wandering to the man Beth was talking about, causing me to toss and turn the whole night. After five minutes, I gave up. I rose up and drew the covers off of me.

I walked over to my desk and got out paper and pencil. Writing down the clues, it felt like I took out 20 pounds off my shoulders.

Walking back to my bed, I wrap the covers around me and finally, fell into a deep slumber.

******** ⚓ ********

A/N Chapter 22 for ya! Who's this mysterious guy that was held captive with Beth?

Also, why isn't Jennifer and Niall progressing in the relationship like Zach and Beth?

Muhahaha. Lets see, in the next chapter.

Love ya!

Don't forget to VOTE, SHARE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW for more!

- Qutedimond