Chapter 1: Another Ghost?

Start from the beginning

"Look!" Nya pointed at something in the sky.

In the sky was a ghost clad in what looked like a bed sheet wrapped around his body.

His messy hair reached just past his ears and a beard covered his jaw and chin.

"Thanks for leading me straight to the spellbook, pajama people," he smirked with an evil glint in his eyes, waving the book in his hand.

"Pajama people?! You're the one wearing a bed sheet!" Jay pointed at the ghost.

"I believe he's wearing a toga," Zane commented after analyzing the ghost.

"Give us the book!" Lloyd demanded, narrowing his eyes.

"Let me think about it," the ghost pretended to ponder. "Hm, no, I don't think I will!"

"Who even are you?" Nya yelled.

"I am Keos," the ghost introduced himself. "And if you want the book, you'll have to get it over my dead body. Oh wait! I'm already dead."

"Oh great, this is all your fault, Kai!" Jay blamed his friend.

"Me?! What did I do?" Kai argued, facing the blue ninja.

"You said it was too easy and now we have to fight a ghost!" Cole replied.

"You're the one who manifested it to the universe!" Kai fired back.

"Enough arguing, we need to get that book!" Nya snapped, her eyes flitting around to see what the best way to attack was.

A green ball of energy formed between Lloyd's hands and he shot it towards Keos, who simply dodged the attack.

"Lightning!" Jay called out, a bolt of lightning zipped its way at the ghost, but it failed to meet its target.

Keos scoffed. "Is that the best you got?"

He tucked the book into his belt and pulled out a bow and quiver of arrows out of nowhere.

He notched an arrow and sent it flying straight towards the ninjas, causing them to roll out of the way.

"We need to destroy him with water!" Cole shouted.

"There isn't any water here!" Nya responded in frustration as she had the power to feel the presence of nearby water, but she couldn't sense any around her.

"Then we'll have to make it ourselves! Zane, make ice and Kai, melt it!" Lloyd directed before sprinting towards the podium and hopping onto it.

He used the momentum to slash at Keos with his sword, but of course, the weapon just went right through him.

They haven't dealt with ghosts in a while, so all their weapons weren't forged with deepstone, the only thing that could vanquish ghosts.

"You're gonna have to try a lot harder than that to defeat me," the ghost taunted while flying around the cave.

"Oh yeah? How about this?" Nya commanded a stream of water to hit Keos and managed to get just a small splash on him, but it was enough to bring him down to the ground.

The ghost grunted and notched another arrow, pointing right at Cole.

With the release of his fingers, the arrow was sent flying and almost hit its target if it weren't for Cole jumping on top of the maze walls in time, causing the arrow to be swallowed by shadows.

The master of earth noticed the wisps of darkness swirling around his feet and felt something pulling him downwards.

"Woah!" he yelled and jumped off the wall before the shadows could consume him too. "Don't jump on the walls, guys!"