Chapter 1: Another Ghost?

Börja om från början

"Don't remind me of that creep," Nya made a face under her hood.

The path opened up to a much larger space, illuminated by crystals surrounding the entire ceiling and walls.

"Woah," they all breathed.

Ahead of them stood tall stone walls that split in the middle to reveal the entrance to the maze.

If they looked closely, they could see the wisps of darkness curling around the edges of the walls.

"Remember, stay together and don't stray off," Lloyd reminded them before they took off into the maze entrance.

"If I stick my arm into a path, do you think only my arm would become a shadow?" Jay wondered out loud.

Immediately, they were faced with choosing the path on the left or on the right.

"Nya," Lloyd nodded to her.

She stepped up and threw a stick into the path on the left.

What once looked like a clear path turned into a big cloud of pure darkness, swallowing the stick into its clutches and clearing away to reveal the normal-looking passage from before as if nothing just happened.

"I think you just got your answer," Kai replied to Jay's earlier question.

"Well, now we know why they call it the Maze of Shadows," Cole commented.

The group veered towards the right as Zane remained in the back to do his job of leaving a trail of peanuts so they wouldn't get lost on the way out.

They maneuvered through the maze, avoiding pathways that resulted in shadows eating up the sticks Nya threw.

"This feels too easy," Kai broke the silence.

"What do you mean?" Zane asked, dropping a peanut on the floor.

"Usually when we retrieve some ancient relic, there's always someone to stop and fight us because they wanna steal it for themselves," Kai threw his hands up. "Why is it so easy so far?"

"Shush, Kai!" Jay slapped the fire ninja's arm. "You'll jinx it! I, for one, am glad we've run into nothing so far. So let's keep it that way!"

"Jay's right," Nya agreed. "It feels nice to do a mission without all the fighting."

"Let's manifest a peaceful no-fighting mission," Cole said before holding his arms out wide. "Universe, please let us complete the mission easily with no one to attack us."

"If you end up manifesting the opposite, I'm blaming you," Lloyd said.

The walls opened up to reveal a clearing with a podium in the center.

On the podium stood a thick book with gold detailing on the leather cover, which looked a little bit worn down.

"Let's get the book and get out of here. I don't wanna stay in here longer than necessary," Lloyd walked up to the podium.

He ascended the steps and lifted his hands to grab the spellbook, but before he could wrap his fingers around it, a green blur whipped past him and the book was no longer there.

"Huh?" he said in confusion, looking around for the vanished book.

A maniacal laugh filled the room, the sound echoing across the walls.

"What was that?!" Cole exclaimed, retrieving his hammer from his back.

The rest of them followed suit and pulled out their weapons, readying to attack.