Forever and Always (Ch. 11 - The last chapter)

Chapter 11

“What happened, Blake?” Christina asked. She was so concerned when Blake called her a few hours ago saying he has something to tell her.

“Bee died after giving birth,” Blake said looking down. Christina was speechless for a while. She was shocked. She didn’t imagine something like this to happen. She was thinking of the baby, how’s her baby? How’s Adam’s baby? And how’s Adam? How is he able to handle this alone?

“How’s the baby? Where’s Adam?”

“The baby is fine. Adam is with her. I just don’t know how Adam can handle this alone. I mean, taking care of the child.”

“I feel sorry for him,” Christina said sadly. She wanted to be there for him, to comfort him. But she didn’t know if he wanted her to be there at all.

It was a sunny day. Everyone was wearing black. They were exchanging hugs and kisses. It was Bee’s funeral. Adam was holding her baby when his mom arrived. He let his mom carry the baby for awhile while he talked to some of the guests. Blake and Cee-lo arrived at the same time. They offered their condolences to Adam and Bee’s mom. None of the three knew if Christina was coming but Blake had told her about all that happened and she was so upset. She kept on asking whether if Adam was doing fine or was he depressed.

“Clearly, bro, she was so concern about you,” Blake said to Adam.

“Ha. Yea, right,” he replied.

“You don’t believe me?”

“I don’t know,” the moment he said that, he saw her entered the door in the funeral service. She was probably looking for them. But instead of calling her, he just stared at her.

Christina was wearing a black long sleeves dress that falls just above her knees. She was looking for Blake. She didn’t know anyone except for Blake, Cee-lo and Adam. When he saw Blake, she walked to him. She didn’t notice Adam staring at her until she got near Blake’s side. She just looked at him. And for a second, their eyes meet like they were back in the past. She just smiled a little to him and he smiled back then looked away.

After a few hours, everyone was going home already. Blake offered Christina a ride since she didn’t have anyone to take her home. Cee-lo went home first. He said goodbye to the two of them. When Blake and Christina were about to get inside the car, Adam approached them.

“Hey, wait!” Adam said.

“Hey! I’m sorry bro, we were looking for you to say goodbye but we can’t find you so,” Blake explained. He looked at Christina but her gaze was far away. She was trying not to look at Adam so she pretended to look somewhere else.

“No, it’s fine. Um, I just want to say that I appreciate it so much that you both came here,” Adam said looking to Blake then to Christina who finally looked at him.

“I’m so sorry for your loss, Adam,” Christina finally said. It was the first time she talked to Adam for so long.

Adam smiled at her before he could say anything. “No, it’s fine. I’m feeling better now. Um, hey, It’s getting cold out here, better if you go home now.”

“Yes, definitely. Goodbye, bro!” Blake agreed and went inside the car. Christina looked at Adam one last time and got inside the car.

-

Four months had passed. It was already December. Adam was now learning the basic of taking care of his baby. Behati’s mom and his mom had tried to help him for the past few months in changing diapers, making milk, carrying the baby, and some other things he needed to know. He was having fun and yet he was also getting so tired. He took a break from the voice for this season so he could focus on his child. As he watched his baby sleeping, he thought of how his baby needed a mother. He could be both but then he remembered what Bee had told her. He was getting back to his bed when his phone rang.