The Last Goodbye (Chapter 7)

Chapter 7

Weeks had passed. Cee-lo and Blake already knew what happened between Adam and Christina. They just decided not to bring up anything to them anymore. Christina and Adam acted like nothing was wrong on cam, but when the show was done; they don’t talk to each other. Christina tried her best to avoid Adam and every time Adam tried to talk to her, someone would grab him and talk to him. Only one more episode then the show is finally over. He couldn’t afford not seeing Christina anymore even though she tries to stay away from him. And tomorrow, it’s her birthday. He has something in his mind but he’s afraid it won’t work.

“Hey, dude, are you ready for tomorrow?” Blake asked him.

“I’m not sure, Blake. Do you think she’ll love it?”

“She’ll appreciate it,” Blake patted him on the back and they both went home.

The day had finally come. It’s Christina’s birthday and of course, her last day on the show. After that, she’ll be busy touring. Adam thought that this might also be the last time he’ll see her and be with her. He prepared himself for the finale and also for this very special day for Christina. He didn’t slept well at all. He kept on thinking whether Christina would like his little surprise or not.

“And now, our little surprise to our very own, Ms. Christina Aguilera,” Carson finally announced. “Our birthday girl.”

They showed a video of all of them together during the season. The funny moments, the unforgettable ones, and of course, mainly Christina’s moments. The three coaches also had messages for her on the video. When it was finally finished, Christina thanked all of them. She didn’t notice that Adam wasn’t sitting on his seat.

“But that’s not all, Christina,” Carson said. “There’s more.”

Then Adam came out from behind, holding a bouquet of red roses. His face was serious but also nervous. He was looking straight to Christina. She tried to look away from him but she finds it hard to do so.

“First of all, I want to say Happy Birthday to you my dear, Christina. I know, we all know, that this is your special day, but please allow me to say all the things I wanted to say to you. I hope you don’t mind. Again, Happy Birthday. Christina, when I first saw you, I never thought that you’d become the lady I’d ever wanted to be with. You were a diva. You seemed like a bitch, like you only care about yourself. But then, I’ve come to know you very well. You’re genuine. You’re sweet. You care about your friends. You don’t kiss ass. You’re a tough woman and I like it. Yes, you’re a pain in the ass but you know what, I don’t care about that, because I like it! You don’t know how much it means to me when you ride on my jokes. You make me smile. Yes, we were all like brothers and sisters here, but I can’t deny the fact the over the years we’ve been working together, I’ve fallen in love with you. I just tried to keep it to myself because you know, you were in a relationship. I also tried to make my feelings more obvious but you only saw it like a tension between us. When I thought, I didn’t have any chance to you anymore, I tried to move on. It was hard. Really. I guess I never moved on even when I met Bee. It didn’t work out between us. You know that. You were the one who comforted me. You were the one who made me feel much better, the one who made me smile again, the one who made me feel important. But, you know, things happen. I guess it only means that there are things in this world that’s not really meant for you. You know how much you want it, but it’s not for you or it’s not yet the right time for you to get it. I know it might sound crazy or selfish if you want to call it, but I want it to be the latter, not yet the right time for me to get what I want.  You’re gonna leave the show now, Christina. And as much as I hate it, I have to deal with it. And me, I’ll be a father soon. I’ll have my own responsibilities too. I’m saying this, because I want you to know that even if we don’t ever see each other again, you hold a special place in my heart. Always, Christina, remember that. And I want to say thank you for the great moments we’ve shared. I will cherish that forever.” Adam stopped for awhile feeling his tears falling down on his cheeks. He wiped it. He tried to hold it back but it was hard. He really didn’t want to give up Christina, never. He still believes, one day, they’ll meet again and on that day, a new story will be written on a blank page, a happy one. “Christina, I will always love you. I know it sounds so cheesy, but I don’t give a damn. This is what I feel and I’ll express it in any way I want to.” He walked to Christina to give the bouquet of flowers and he also handed her a card. Probably another emotional speech. Christina didn’t hesitate to accept the flowers and the card.