Part 1

Hallelujah! Thank you, Lord! Hallelujah! Thank you, Jesus!

That's all you heard throughout the church as I walked in. The church was full of beautiful people on this Easter Sunday. I've never seen my church so pack. My mother had on this bright yellow dress with some red bottoms on her feet, and a unique flower straw hat on to compliment her dress. My father had on his cream suit to complete my mother's look.

My twin sisters had on a pink dress with flowers on it and white shoes. I wore this high-waisted skirt with this white button-up and my red bottoms. My wig was bone straight 32 inches long down my back. My face was beaten to all the gods on this sunny beautiful Sunday.

As we continued walking into the church this man from

Across the room steady watching me as I walked to my seat. He was handsome but had some unique features on him as if he was a woman. But I was certain he Wasn't a woman.

Cynthia came to church. She was here, I was ecstatic that she was here. Cynthia didn't know I had a crush on her, how could I tell her that. I barely understood it myself, on how I could have feelings for a woman. I knew it was a sin to have feelings for a woman. My parents would be devastated if they knew.

I've been fighting this temptation ever since I was a little girl. I never understood it and I still don't understand it. The feelings I had for this girl I never felt this for a man.

After church, we had a get-together for us all to eat and mingle as we always do on easter Sundays. The man came up to me and spoke. I was shocked because the man had a woman's voice.

He said, "Hello, I'm Shay. Happy Easter."

I responded, "Hello, I'm Rachel. Happy Easter to you too."

I proceeded, "Shay? Shay as in?"

Shay said, " as in Vashay. I am a woman. " she chuckled.

I said, " oh okay , I was a bit confused. "

Shay said, " oh because I am dressed like a man, you thought I was a man. "