fourteen

Lucy Anderson

We had been fighting for what felt like forever, but it wasn't anywhere near that long.

There was hundreds of dead bodies strewn about the fields, and almost double that in injuries.

I was almost certain I was one of the only remaining unharmed people, and if things kept going this way, I'd be the only person left alive.

We were losing, and it wasn't hard to tell based on the amount of outriders still charging towards us.

I watched Steve and T'Challa fight side by side while Rhodey got knocked out of the sky, plummeting to the ground quickly.

An outrider charged at me, but I easily beheaded it before it made headway, and Bucky got attacked by several of them.

I gripped my machete tightly while I ran over to help him, killing a few while he struggled underneath them, holding open ones jaws to avoid getting his neck bitten out.

"Baby, you good?!" I yelled down to him, and he yelled out in frustration and I drove my sword through the outriders head.

Bucky shoved the corpse off him while looking up at me, smiling a little in relief.

"I'm alright now, thank you Doll."

"Anything for you, or whatever that cheesy saying is." I smirked, making Bucky smile at me, but the moment was short lived when I got thrown to the ground, and Bucky got attacked again.

My sword went tumbling across the grass, leaving me defenceless against the outriders, but I wasn't worried about myself.

I was worried about Bucky.

Usually it would be easy, but the weight of the outsiders were rendering me practically immobile, so I had to watch helplessly while Bucky fought them off alone.

"There's too many of them!" Bruce yelled, but a large beam of light landed in the middle of the battlefield, blinding me for a moment.

I couldn't see what flew out of it, but the outriders were thrown off of me, getting completely sliced up in the process.

Before investigating the help, I quickly made my way to Bucky, pulling him to his feet and seeing a decent slash on his arm.

I ripped some of my suit off and made a makeshift bandage while a humanoid figure emerged from the beam, revealing Thor looking angry.

"You guys are so screwed now!" Bruce yelled happily, and Thor grinned his axe before charging at the outriders, a few smaller figures following his lead.

"Bring me Thanos!" He yelled, launching himself in the air and completely decimating a large crowd of outriders upon landing.

A large crater was formed in the ground where they once stood, and I smirked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh, hell yeah."

I picked up my sword and kept fighting, feeling a wave of confidence consume me.

Now that Thor was here, there was no way we were going to lose.

"Come and get some, space dogs!" The raccoon yelled as another wave of outriders came running in, and I gave Bucky a look.

They were going to destroy that guy, we both knew that.

Bucky acted quickly, grabbing him and hold him at arms length, giving him the height he needed to be above the outriders.

They fired their guns at the same time while I swung my sword at the oncoming creatures, the three of us decimating each and every one of them.