Chapter 16 ---- News

The proctor's gaze moved away from the calm-looking Su Ling and swept past the noisy candidates. "Quiet!"

Instantly, the candidates don’t dare to speak again, and the large examination room quieted down.

The chief proctor said, "The previous test is to assess your harvesting ability, which is a necessary talent to become a material harvester. And now we will test your affinity, which is the talent required to become a spiritual plant cultivator." After he finished speaking, the proctor began to list down the rules and regulations of the test and said, "The examination begins."

The moment this sentence is out, no one spoke again. Except for Su Ling, all candidates quickly removed their isolator, and the test room was soon filled with the fragrance of various pheromones. In front of Su Ling is still a camellia plant. Its red flowers were particularly gorgeous, and the petals looked very nice with its overlapping design. Reaching out, he lightly touched the flower nearest to him, and it shook slightly. The stem of that flower leaned towards him, and the whole flower soon fit snugly into his palm. A soft itchy feeling came from his palm as the petals brushed against his hand. Su Ling couldn’t help curling the corner of his mouth, and his eyes were bright and spirited. He bent down slightly, gently sniffing the fragrance of the flower while stroking the petals with his finger. His finger circled around the flower, then lowered to pinch its leaf gently. The flower fragrance immediately became more potent. Other branches of the camellia came close to his hand, and the flowers on the top of the branch bloomed to the extreme. Su Ling's fingers touched the flowers one by one and received many soft brushes in return.

Because of his abnormal pheromone, the three proctors were paying attention to Su Ling when the test started. Hence, all 3 of them has an expression full of shock on their face. Even if Grade E spiritual plant has a low IQ and is the easiest type to accept goodwill from the Omegas, but it’s still not an easy task for Omegas who have yet to enter university, not to mention without using any pheromones. This affinity is really rare.

Su Ling didn't go to check out how the rest of the Omega is doing. For half an hour, he had been playing with his camellia plant. He would his hands move away from time to time, rubbing the petals when the flower shifted close to his hand and then moved his hand to another direction. The branch would change direction to chase his hand, which Su Ling would repeat his previous actions. He found that a Grade E spiritual plant is like a child, so it seems to like a game of chasing more than him touching it all the time. The change in aroma intensity is the best proof. Su Ling also found this game very interesting, and so half an hour passed by in a blink of an eye.

When the proctor announced the end of the test, Su Ling was a little sorry; it would be nice if he could feel what the camellia is feeling too. At the same time, everyone's scores were transferred to the examination system. Next, the proctors and candidates moved to area 002 for the third exam.

Area 002 is divided into the inner and outer sections. At this moment, they were gathering at the outer section, and there are many arc-shaped long tables around it. The tables were arranged in 5 layers, just like a rainbow. There were various transparent glass bottles on the table, with various solids or liquids in the bottles.

The chief proctor said, "There are 10 groups of materials on each table, and each group contains 30 glass bottles. The materials would be either essential oil or pollen from Grade D and E spiritual plants." As he said that, the proctor pointed to the door on the right hand behind him, "This door leads to the inner section, which is a long corridor of aroma. The corridor is divided into 30 areas, and each area will have different aromas, which corresponds with the glass bottles on the table."

"You need to smell the scent of the glass bottle, remember the aroma, and the name of the corresponding spiritual plant. After confirming it, enter the inner section and key in the name of the spiritual plant in which you could smell the aroma in each area. This exam is mainly to assess your recognition of fragrances, which is very important for the perfumer profession."