Chapter 31

"Harry, how are you?" Draco asked, pulling Harry inside quickly and to the bed, immediately pulling him into a hug.

"I'm alright, I think I made a friend." Harry mumbled into Draco's chest as they hugged tightly, neither about to let go any time soon.

"You think you made a friend? What are they like?" Draco asked, a little surprised, Harry was never especially social, and it seemed like his whole class hated him.

"Her name is Khadija, she really likes Professor Natasha McGonagall, and wants to be like her. She said she wants to meet you too." Harry said, looking up at Draco with his green eyes twinkling.

"If you like her then I want to meet her." Draco said, happy that Harry had managed to make a new friend here. He was hoping they were going to be picked up to go back to Hogwarts or another school soon, but he had already made a few friends called Crabbe and Goyle. While he calls them friends they were more like lackies who would keep the other people trying to sidle up to him away. A lot of them were wannabe Death Eaters, and would talk about it openly without the teachers doing anything.

"I'll find out where her dorm is and bring her tomorrow?" Harry suggested.

"Sounds alright, can you talk in front of her, or is it writing and signing?" Draco asked, anting to know if he needed to translate, as well as how close Harry and Khadija had gotten.

"I can't talk to her, she knows how to sign individual letters and asking for more cake, so I wrote to talk to her. She said the teachers don't like signing or her hijab, she thinks that's part of why I'm in the classes with the muggleborns. She said that she's a halfblood and the reason she's in my class is because of her hijab." Harry said, leaning his head on Draco's chest again, feeling more comfortable than he normally did.

"So I guess I'll be the translator between you and her." Draco said with a laugh. "Spelling everything out takes forever and would be awkward."

-----

"Morning Harry." Khadija said loudly with a bright smile, waving at him. Harry was one of the last to enter the room, having been staying with Draco overnight as that night was a night with not room checks and the two of them had overslept a little. Due to him being almost late, and Khadija's slightly overenthusiastic greeting, everyone's eyes were on Harry.

Harry couldn't speak, and it took him a lot longer than he wanted to be the centre of attention, feeling like a deer caught in headlights. Harry managed to shuffle to his seat, which turned out to be to the right of Khadija, he thought he was next to a row of empty seats, but it turned out he was next to Khadija and the wall. Even after sitting down and looking at his desk, the class still looked at him for about a minute, but did eventually turn away from him, whispering and laughing. Harry could have sworn he could still feel their eyes on him, but he was looking up through his fringe and could see they all had their backs to him.

"How are you?" She asked, inching her chair a little closer to him as they waited for their teacher.

'ᖴIᑎE, ᗪᖇᗩᑕO SᗩIᗪ ᕼE ᗯᗩS ᗩᒪᖇIGᕼT ᗰEETIᑎG YOᑌ.' Harry write, moving the note closer to her so she could read it.

"Awesome! Where should I meet you?" Khadija whispered, leaning even closer, making Harry feel a little uncomfortable.

'ᗯᕼEᖇE'S YOᑌᖇ ᗪOᖇᗰ ᖇOOᗰ?' Harry asked, it would dictate where they met and how early he would have to leave his room.

"I'm the last of the halfblood rooms on the left. I may be in the muggleborn class, but I am still halfblood. What about you?" Khadija whispered, looking up to notice their teacher, the one who would lecture them for around an our if they were even a second late had come, over a minute after lessons were supposed to start.

"Was anyone late?" He asked, his cold gaze lingering on Harry and Khadija in the back, the two halfbloods who shouldn't be in his class, but were because they weren't good enough in Professor Wilkin's book, and thus in everyone's book.

"Professor!" A girl with very pale brown hair and black eyebrows that were almost rectangles, clearly wearing makeup around 2 shades darker than her skin tones, and fake eyelashes that made Harry surprised she could see said, raising her hand. She had come after Harry, but he knew that didn't matter, she hated him, although he wasn't really sure why, he hadn't ever even talked to him. "Potter was late."

"Of course he was," He muttered, more to himself than the class, the girl who had lied, smiling up at him. "Potter, I expect you here during the lunch period for the next two weeks for detention."

"Professor!" Khadija said, her arm in the air and her voice filled with indignation. "Harry was here earlier than you, and he arrived before class was supposed to start too."

"Miss Petterson, you are hardly a reliable source of who arrived on time, and you have also been absent for two weeks." He said, turning on her, unlike Harry, though, she didn't back down under his cold glare. "And unlike you, I am not here for my education, I do not have the same obligations as you all."

"I was ill, professor," Khadija said, her voice filling with venom, "And you may not be here to learn, but you are here to teach, so you also need to be on time."

"Exactly, I am here to teach, so stop wasting everyone's time and let me get on with the lesson." He snapped, turning his back to start writing on the blackboard, Harry's ears hurting from the scraping of chalk on the blackboard.

'I'ᒪᒪ ᗰEET YOᑌ ᗩT YOᑌᖇ ᗪOᖇᗰ ᗩᖴTEᖇ ᖇOOᗰ ᑕᕼEᑕKS.' Harry wrote, slipping the note to Khadija without anyone noticing.

-----

Thankfully Remus, Narcissa, and Lucius recovered fairly quickly, the food poisoning taking longer for them to recover from than the mysterious other ailment. Axol was pretty sure it was caused by a creature, they just couldn't identify which one. Remus and Narcissa couldn't remember anything since greeting Professor Wilkins, and Lucius couldn't remember anything since lunch.

Sirius was getting a bad feeling about everything when they all got letters from Harry and Draco telling them the school was dreadful, and some of the things that were happening.