Chapter 33: Special Surprise

Perrie’s POV:
            One month. One week. That’s how long Valerie’s been in the coma. She was recovering fast and the doctors think she’ll wake up soon. For now though, we just have to wait.
            I was at the boys’ flat with Holly and Kiara. Zayn, Niall, and Liam were at an interview and Harry and Louis were at the hospital.
            I hadn’t been feeling well for days now. I was nauseous and every once and a while, I’d have to rush to the toilet to throw up. Zayn had insisted that I stay at the flat with them while I wasn’t feeling well because he didn’t want me to be alone in my flat while I was ill.
            “Oh shit,” I moaned, getting up and running to the toilet just in time to throw up again.
            I flushed when I was sure I was done and walked out to the living room again and sank back into the couch.
            “Um, Perrie,” Holly said, “Are you sure this is just the flu?” I raised an eyebrow.
            “Why?”
            “Well, you’ve been like this for a few days now,” Holly said, “Plus you’ve been sleeping more…”
            “And you’ve been eating just as much, if not more, than Niall,” Kiara added.
            “Really?” I hadn’t even noticed…
            “The last time you and Zayn, erm, ‘got it on’, did you guys use protection?” Holly asked. I felt my cheeks go red as I thought…
            “I don’t know,” I said, “You guys don’t think I could be pregnant… do you?”
            “When was your last period?” Kiara asked, ignoring my question. I bit my lip.
            “Over a month ago,” I remembered. I’m never late…
            Kiara got up and put on her coat. She started to walk to the door.
            “I’m going to get a pregnancy test,” she said.
            “Why don’t I go with you?” Holly suggested, but Kiara shook her head.
            “If you come along and the paps see you, they’ll think that you’re the one who might be pregnant. I’m not going out with any of the boys, paps won’t think anything of it,” She had a point there. Holly nodded and Kiara turned and left the flat.

            “What if it’s positive?” I asked, pacing back and forth in the living room. Holly and Kiara were sitting on the couch, watching me pace.
            “Just calm down Perrie,” Kiara said. I sighed.
            “I just can’t,” I said, “My career’s just starting and Zayn’s so busy with the band. What if I’m a terrible mother? What if we can’t raise the baby right? Oh my god, what if Zayn doesn’t want a child and he breaks up with me?”
            “Calm down Perrie!” Holly said, almost yelling. I took a deep breath and stopped pacing, “The baby won’t be messed up, you’ll be a great mother, and are you kidding me!? Zayn would never break up with you!” A timer beeped, signaling that we could go and check the test. Holly and Kiara stayed in the living room while I walked back into the bathroom. I picked up the test, not looking at it yet. I bit my lip and took another deep breath.
            “Everything’s going to be okay,” I reassured myself, “Whether it’s positive or not, everything’s going to be okay.”
            I looked down at the test and saw the result.
            I was pregnant.

            “Perrie?” Zayn called from downstairs. I was up in Zayn’s room, lying down on the bed, trying to figure out how to tell Zayn. I sighed and walked out of the room and down the stairs. Zayn, Niall, and Liam were all in the kitchen, along with Holly and Kiara. Zayn spotted me and smiled. He walked over to me and gave me a quick peck on the lips.
            “Hey babe,” he said, “Are you feeling any better?” I bit my lip and nodded.
            “Erm, Zayn, I need to talk to you,” I said. He frowned and I led him out into the living room where the others couldn’t hear us.
            “Is something wrong Per?” Zayn asked. I shook my head.
            “No, well, it depends on how you look at it I guess.” Zayn just looked confused.
            “What are you talking about?” Zayn asked. I sighed. I might as well just say it…
            “Zayn,” I started, “I’m pregnant.”
            He froze and didn’t move for a while. I waved my hand in front of his face.
            “Zayn?” He blinked and shook his head, “Zayn? Are you okay?”
            “Um, yeah,” he said, “Just, give me a second.” He turned and walked over to the couch and I went and sat next to him.
            “How are we going to raise a child Zayn?” I asked, “Our careers are both just getting started and we’ll have to travel so much.” I leaned forward and put my face in my hands. I felt Zayn’s warm hand on my back and he rubbed it.
            “We’ll find a way,” he said, “This is actually kind of exciting, you know? We’re going to be parents.” I smiled.
            “You’ll make a great dad,” I said.
            “And you’ll be an amazing mum.”