-Flashback to middle school-

"Huh? What'd you say, Ryota?" asked Haizaki.
"I said I want to play for the starting position" said Kise.
"You just joined the team. Don't be stupid" said Haizaki. "Besides, you can't even beat me at practice. What do you think you're doing?"

"Sheesh, what's going on here?" I asked to Seijuro when I walked in. "Is Kise challenging Haizaki again?"
Seijuro nodded and I sighed.
"I may not stand a chance against the other four, but I think I'm ready to take you" said Kise.

"You must not think much of me" said Haizaki. "It's obvious I just don't take practice seriously. Fine, I'll give you a taste of what I can really do"
"Sei, are you really going to let them play?" I asked.

"I don't see why not" said Seijuro.
The boys played and Kise lost hard...
"Uh-oh, Kise-chin's getting destroyed" said Murasakibara.

"No, he's way too good for a beginner" said Aomine. "He's just strong. He may be annoying, but that has nothing to do with his skill"
"More! I'm not done yet!" shouted Kise.

"It'll end the same way every time" said Haizaki. "You and I are cut from different cloth"
I rolled up my sleeves in anger.
"Just because he is good, doesn't give him the right to be a total jerk" I said and I saw a faint smile on Seijuro's face. "Oh, don't mock me, Sei"

"Wouldn't dare, Emi" he said and I rolled my eyes.
"He wasn't ready for this yet, though" said Aomine when Haizaki was done.
"I'm going to buy some snacks" said Murasakibara.

"We're still in the middle of practice, Murasakibara-kun" said Kuroko.
"Shut up. I'll crush you" said Murasakibara.
"Kise has grown extraordinarily quickly, though" said Midorima.

"Shogo-kun, are you done with practice?" a girl walked in and I got annoyed.
'Why do people keep just interrupting practice...'
"Yeah, sorry. I just finished" said Haizaki and walked closer to the girl.

"You're drenched in sweat" she complained.
"I'll take a quick shower" said Haizaki. "Do you want to come with me?"
"Disgusting" I said out loud.

"Hey, isn't that... that's Kise's new girlfriend" said a member.
"Ryota-kun?" said the girl.
"This guy just challenged me and lost" said Haizaki.

"Seriously? Talk about lame" said the girl and I bolted my fists.
Seijuro grabbed my wrist and held me back before I could do anything.
"Sei, seriously let me go" I whispered. "Let me kick her ass"

-End of flashback-

~

When the game began again, Kise was constantly defeated...
The third quarter was over, and Kaijo was still losing...
The game began again, but Kise tried to do the one-handed dunk again, but he failed...

Haizaki was pissing me off... constantly being rude to his seniors...
"Fukuda Sogo's in complete control of the game" said Izuki.
"I had no idea Haizaki was so strong" said Hyuga.

"Something's wrong with Kise's movements" said Kagami. "He's not his usual self"
"You're right" said Tetsuya. "Though his moves have been stolen, I can't imagine Kise-kun falling this hard"
"He's been selecting his moves" I said. "He's starting to run out of options. Besides, I think there's more. His ankle"

"You can see that from here?" asked Furihata.
"Of course I can" I said. "He's overworked. Aomine wasn't the only one who injured himself during the Inter-High's Kaijo-Touou game. Kise has probably been practicing hard without recovering completely, the idiot"

"But..." said Kagami who was surprised. "But, there's no way he'd lose to that shithead. He promised to win so we could play in the semi-finals. He won't lose!"
Kise was on his knees...

"Are you... going to take this lying down?" said Kagami.
"Tetsuya?" I said when I saw him stand up.
"I believe in you, Kise-kun!" shouted Tetsuya.

I smiled and stood up as well.
"Oy! Kise!" I shouted. "You're not giving up, are you?!"
We saw him smile and the game continued.

"Oh, my God" I said when I saw Kise entering Midorima's shooting motion...
"I thought he couldn't copy the other members of the Generation of Miracles!" said Kagami.
"Amazing..." I whispered.

~

Kise was copying everyone from the Generation of Miracles...
Haizaki was losing it, he was stealing his own team mates abilities.
"He can even copy Murasakibara?" asked Hyuga.

"In his game against Touou, Kise-kun recreated the rapid speed change of Aomine-kun's changeover by dropping his minimum speed" said Riko. "He also achieved the range of Midorima-kun's shot by holding the shot with his dominant hand, and he's reproducing Murasakibara's defence with his jumping ability and predictions"

"But, the abilities of the Generation of Miracles aren't reproduced that easily" said Kiyoshi. "Kise Ryota's basketball sense is bottomless"

-Haizaki POV-

'How could this happen? It's not possible'

-Flashback to middle school-

"What? Akashi, what did you just say?" I grabbed Akashi's shirt.
"Quit the basketball team. That's an order" he said.
"What? Is this because I touched your precious Emiko?" I asked.

"I'm actually being considerate of you" he said. "Though your behaviour is hardly praiseworthy, you have contributed to Teiko's victories until now. However, you cannot beat Kise. In the near future, he will replace you as a starter. You are too proud to stick around"

"He'll replace me?" I asked in disbelief.
"It'll happen sooner or later" he said. "But either way, the result will be the same"
"You bastard..."

-End of flashback-

-Emiko POV-

I didn't like the look on Haizaki's face...
He was angry...
He stepped onto Kise's foot...

"His foot!" said Kagami.
"Ass" I whispered while looking at Haizaki.

~

The game ended with Kaijo winning.
"Our next opponent..." said Kiyoshi.
"Is Kaijo" said Hygua.

Kise looked at us and held out his fist.
'You did it, Kise'

Author note:

Hi guys! I'm back with more updates!
Hope you guys enjoy!

-Amara