Epilogue (requested) ~ Vows

Hey my lovelies!

Finally, the epilogue is here! It's hard for me to think of what the heck I'm going to start after finishing this, but eventually I'll think of something. Maybe even a Larry/Niam/Zerrie (;

Thank you to the readers who might have just discovered this as it was finished, but thank you to all of the readers who stuck around and waited ages for me to update. It really means a lot and I'm really happy with the 2 thousand something reads this has! Thank you, you guys are the best. 

As requested, here is the epilogue of You'll Come Around, told in a narrator 3rd person. Be sure to listen to the song posted on the right! I think it adds a little something! xx

~*~

It was a special day for One Direction as two of the members decided to take the final step in dedicating their lives together: marriage.

Niall and Zayn literally had to keep Liam from pacing as he waited in his dressing room, the wedding starting in five minutes. He had waited forever for this one moment, and didn't want to wait any longer. He was going to start walking out to start the wedding, and he was so nervous he wanted to vomit.

What if he messed up on his vows? What if he sneezed while Lou was leaning in to kiss him?

I mean, it wasn't going to be like Louis walking out in a dress in flowers, should he really be this nervous? He was marrying his best mate, for Christ's sake.

Meanwhile, Louis was checking himself out in the mirror, rearranging his boutonniére and fixing his hair. Harry stayed with him, making sure he looked perfect before he "walked down the aisle."

"Oh, Harry, I'm so nervous I think I might faint," Louis said, his breaths coming out uneven.

Harry spun Louis around and put his hands on Louis' shoulders.

"Hey, don't worry. It's just a ceremony; you already know that you both love each other. Just stay cool and everything will be perfect. You didn't spend all this money just to blow it, did you?"

Louis let out a light laugh. "No, you're right. I'm so excited I can't feel my toes."

Harry sighed and rolled his eyes. "Come on, it's about ready to start. Remember, you should be like... 20 paces behind me or something like that."

 Louis snorted. "Worst Best Man ever. Screw the paces, this is my wedding, I'll do whatever I want."

"You do want this to be perfect, right? Anyway, if you're like... 20 paces behind me and focus on each one of my steps, there's less of a chance you'll trip."

Louis scrunched his eyebrows. "Is that even true?"

Harry nodded. It wasn't true, but it was going to be the only thing stopping Louis from running down the altar and throwing himself onto Liam.

Harry checked his watch. "It's showtime."

~*~

Liam waited by the altar, his breath had already quickened sporadically. Niall, Zayn, and Andy were to his left, giving him supporting smiles.

This was it.

Daisy and Phoebe came out in peach dresses, being the flower girls, even though both argued they might be a little too old to be flower girls. However, Louis insisted and they secretly wanted to, anyway.

Harry came out next, beaming, arm linked with his mother, Anne. Anne wouldn't have let Louis have a wedding if she wasn't allowed to be at Louis' side as a "groomswoman."

Liam held his breath. Louis was coming next.

The classic wedding anthem came on, and Liam's heart practically surged through his chest.

Louis stepped into his view, arm linked with Jay's (whom, of course, insisted she be the maid of honor, even though she was Louis' mum).

Louis looked perfect as always, a wonderful smile permanently plastered on his face. Light seemed to emanate from his body.

Louis looked at Liam, noticing the glassyness of his eyes and the spring of his posture. His puppy-like face gained a little more cuteness, Louis thought, like a puppy seeing his soon-to-be owner for the first time. It was weird to think about in this way, but Liam was so puppy-like nothing really mattered.

Louis was in front of Liam now, and they took each other's hands.

"You look... amazing," Liam croaked, his voice getting caught in his throat.

"Same to you," Louis winked.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness a love between two very special individuals: Liam James Payne and Louis William Tomlinson, a love that proved to beat impossible odds. Would you both like to speak your vows?"

Liam nodded. "Louis William Tomlinson, I've been waiting for this moment ever since I was just 18 years old, and now look where I am. I finally have you, all I ever wanted. Every moment I spend with you is one that I cherish, and I will love you no matter what. I vow to stay with you forever, no matter what the circumstances may be. I vow to love you until my last dying breath."

Louis' tears were now in free-fall. He couldn't hold them back any longer and had to take a moment to calm himself down. Liam wiped Louis' tears with his thumb, wanting to kiss them away, but he wasn't allowed.

"Ah, wow. Sorry, I just... needed a moment there." Louis cleared his throat. "Liam James Payne, when we first got together, there was so much standing in our way, but we showed that we could overcome it together. Now we know that together we're stronger and with you, I feel like I can do anything. Even fly. You mean the world to me, and I couldn't imagine standing here with anyone else. You're my Woody, the love of my life that I know is going to love me forever. I vow to love you always, and to always be the one you come to for anything." Liam's knees started to tremble. It was the most beautiful thing he had ever heard.

"If anyone objects to this marriage, speak now or forever hold your peace." The minister announced.

The audience was quiet, just how Liam and Louis had hoped.

"Rings, please," the minister said to Lottie. She brought them over, a smile stretching across her beautiful face.

"Do you, Liam James Payne, take Louis William Tomlinson to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness, in health, as long as you both shall live?"

"I do," Liam grinned, sliding the gold band on Louis' finger.

"And do you, Louis William Tomlinson, take Liam James Payne, to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness, in health, as long as you both shall live?"

"I do!" Louis squealed, sliding Liam's gold band on his finger.

"Husband, you may kiss your husband!" The minister announced.

Liam's arms wrapped around Louis' waist and he kissed Louis softly. Louis' arms folded around Liam's neck, and Liam lifted him up, Louis' feet leaving the ground. Everyone was applauding, basking in the great feeling of love.

They broke the kiss, and Louis spun around to face everyone. He grabbed a bottle of champagne off a table in the corner and started to shake it.

"We're hitched! Let's get this party started!" he yelled, popping the bottle open and spraying it everywhere.

"Wedding reception in five minutes! I intend to get my new husband silly and drunk!"

Everyone cheered. Liam yanked Louis toward him, pulling him into another kiss. When the kiss ended, they pressed their foreheads against each other.

"I love you," Liam stated, closing his eyes.

"I love you, too."