51. Facing Ridicule

Start from the beginning

"It's still progress," Estelle laughed. "I think I should go see Venelia. She might be lonely now that Nyx is gone."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"If you like." Estelle folded her wings in and strapped Aesira and Znaniya to her hips. She secured her siphons atop her hands before leaving the room. Mikael followed close behind after grabbing Alethea.

The air outside felt slightly warmer than it had before. There was no snow on the ground, but puddles were still frozen into patches of ice. Winter was gradually coming to a close. Spring would be there soon, and that meant the Illyrian Blood Rite would begin. Estelle still hadn't been told if she could expect to participate in it or not. Rhys and Devlon promised to discuss it, but that was the only answer she was given.

Mikael laced his fingers with hers as they crossed a bridge onto the other bank of the Sidra. They reached the gates of the river estate and stepped onto the grounds. Estelle led Mikael into the manor. Voices came from down the hall, Seren's among them.

Estelle neared the sitting room and glanced inside. Evren Vanserra was there, along with Feyre, Seren, and Venelia. Feyre beckoned them in, having caught sight of them. Estelle's gaze fell to the small bundle in Evren's arms.

"May I?" Estelle asked.

Evren nodded and settled the baby in her arms. Estelle straightened, studying the tiny male curiously. He had pointed ears, despite being half Human. His thin hair was already a rich shade of auburn, like Eris'. Estelle wondered if he would grow up to have his mother's sea green eyes or the golden amber of his father's.

Mikael rested his hand on her shoulder, looking at the baby too. A ripple of emotion crossed the Bond. Estelle returned Castiel to Evren. Maybe we'll have one of our own someday, she said to Mikael. He smiled as she faced the other females.

"I came to see if Venelia needed some company," Estelle said.

Venelia gave a happy nod. "I would love some." She rose, linking her arm through Estelle's. "Congratulations, Evren. Your son is beautiful. You and Eris must be very proud."

"We are," Evren replied. "And thank you." Estelle and Venelia breezed out of the room, Mikael trailing in their wake.

◦═══✦═══◦

Two days passed before Estelle was cleared for flying, but Madja was very adamant that she not fly the entire distance to the Dawn Court. Estelle had decided that she would use the shadows to take them there. When Mikael pointed out that they could stay in the Night Court a little longer if she wanted to, she reminded him that his fathers hadn't seen him in over a month, and it was time to fix that.

Mikael packed his bag without another questioning word. Truthfully, he was glad to be going back home. He had missed his fathers and the Dawn Court. He was eager to have Estelle to himself more often too. There was a burning heat in his veins that he hadn't been able to staunch since she'd climaxed on his lap.

Mikael slung his satchel over his shoulder and helped Estelle with hers. She gave him a grateful smile as they left the bedroom. Azriel and Seren were waiting by the front door when they arrived. Estelle hugged her parents tightly. Seren gave Mikael a hug as well, and Azriel barely inclined his head.

"We'll see you the next time you're in Windhaven," Seren promised as they left the house. Estelle took Mikael's hand and shadows swirled around them.

When they faded, they were standing on a veranda outside of the opalescent Palace. Mikael closed his eyes, breathing a contented sigh. "Come on, Feathers," Estelle urged. "We have things to do."