Chapter 2 - Morning in Moominvalley

Morning shines over Moominvalley and the residence of the Moomin house was all wide awake. As usual, Moomin went to the kitchen and greeted Moominmama as she was making breakfast. He then saw Little My who had already settled at the dining table. The smirk on her face explained the victory she had over him.  The family then gathered together for a warm cozy breakfast.

''Moomin, why don't you invite Snufkin for breakfast? There's plenty of food this morning!'' said Moominmama.

''Alright Mama! I'll be going now!'' he replied, as soon as he finished his first pancake.

So there goes Moomin walking out from his house to visit his best friend. As he saw the tent from a distance, Moomin was surprised to see that there was no sight of Snufkin around. He usually was awake by this time.  He wondered if Snufkin went out late last night. The thought of it makes him excited. Snufkin will definitely tell him about his adventures. Once he reached the tent, he called out his name. 

''Snufkin? Are you awake?'''

There was no response.

Moomin thought it was weird that Snufkin had a deep sleep. He did not want to interrupt him, but breakfast will be cold and he was still hungry. So he called him out again.

''Snufkin, it's me, Moomin! Mama made breakfast and she asked me to invite you.''

Suddenly, there was a rustling sound within the tent. Moomin was glad that his friend was finally awake. The tent slowly opened, only to reveal a different person. He blinked and stared at this person. They react the same. The silence broke when Snufkin's voice can be heard from a far.

''Oh Moomin! Good Morning.''

Moomin looked behind and saw Snufkin walking towards them. He seems to return from fishing. The stranger has finally went out from the tent and looked at Snufkin.

''Did you had a good sleep?'' asked Snufkin.

The stranger nodded in response. Moomin was still processing on what has happened.

''I know you're surprise but I'll tell you later.'' Moomin nodded then explained that his mother wanted him to join today's breakfast.

Snufkin then looked at the new found friend and asked if they wanted to join them. Unfortunately, they shook their head, rejecting Snufkin's offer. The stranger than pointed out to the forest and bowed at them, before walking away.

''Maybe they're not ready to meet us all.'' Snufkin nodded in reply. He wondered if the stranger will ever return back. 

''You're always welcome here, if you feel like returning'' Snufkin smiled. The stranger nodded.

The two friends walked back to Moominhouse while Snufkin told him about what had happened last night. Moomin was sad that the stranger did not join them, as he thought that they were very interesting. 

⊱ ───────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ───────── ⊰

The stranger walked to the forest while looking around. They don't know what makes them return back but certainly, there was a voice urging them to go there. Soon enough, they reached the same tree that they encountered last night. They decided to sit down and gather their thoughts on the whole ordeal.

They realized that they cannot recall anything. Their memories. Their name. Their identity.

It was strange, they thought. It was like a fever dream. Though, they definitely felt that this place was too foreign for them, as they could not recognize the people and the surrounding.