Voyage Of The Damned

Start from the beginning

A man in a black suit bumps into the little waitress, making her drop her tray of drinks. "For Tov's sake, look where you're going. This jacket's a genuine Earth antique." I roll my eyes with a scoff, douche bag. "I'm sorry, sir." She vowed back, "You'll be sorry when it comes off your wages, sweetheart. Staffed by idiots. No wonder Max Capricorn's going down the drain." He leaves and I move in to help only to have Theta stoop to help first so I wouldn't have too. I glared playfully as he smirked at me. "Careful. There we go." He muttered helping her, "Thank you, sir. I can manage." She spoke glancing up at me with a small smile when she noticed my stomach. "I never said you couldn't. I'm the Doctor, by the way and this is Kate." I smiled gently and waved. "Astrid, sir. Astrid Peth." She introduced herself, "Nice to meet you, Astrid Peth. Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, sir, ma'am."

"Just Doctor, not sir."

"And Kate, please."

"You enjoying the cruise?"

"Er, yeah, I suppose. I don't know. What about you? Long way from home, Planet Sto." He asked her with a awkward smile and a cock of his head. "Doesn't feel that different. I spent three years working at the spaceport diner, travelled all the way here and I'm still waiting on tables." She shrugged with a sad look, "No shore leave?" I asked her as they stood up. "We're not allowed. They can't afford the insurance. I just wanted to try it, just once. I used to watch the ships heading out to the stars and I always dreamt of. It sounds daft." She smiled shaking her head as she looked downwards. "You dreamt of another sky. New sun, new air, new life. A whole universe teeming with life. Why stand still when there're all that life out there?"

She watched us in awe as he wrapped his arm around my waist, "So, you travel a lot?" She asked us with a sparkle in her eyes, "All the time. Just for fun. Well, that's the plan. Never quite works." I mused lightly pinching Theta causing him to pull me closer and kiss my head. "Must be rich, though." She snorted, "Haven't got a penny. Stowaway." He answered immediately causing her eyes to widen. "Kidding." She gapped in shock, "Seriously." We spoke together with straight faces.

"No."

"Oh, yeah."

"How did you get on board?"

"Accident. I've got this, sort of, ship thing. I was just rebuilding her. Left the defences down. Bumped into the Titanic. Here I am. Bit of a party. I thought, why not? Plus I love seeing Kate in a nice dress." I smacked him, "I'm always in nice dresses." He shrugged causing me to gap in shock, "Jerk." I mused as he chuckled once again. "I should report you." Astrid muttered gaining our attention. "Go on then." She paused staring at us, taking another glance at my stomach before smiling. "I'll get you a drink on the house and you a non alcoholic one." Over at another table, a bunch of toffs are laughing at a large woman in a purple cowboy outfit and her equally well padded companion. We move over to join them, the man speaks towards the woman, "Just ignore them."

"Something's tickled them." I snipped in annoyance as Theta sat me down in one of the chairs. The woman nods and turns to us, "They told us it was fancy dress. Very funny, I'm sure." She scoffed looking down causing me to feel for them, "They're just picking on us because we haven't paid. We won our tickets in a competition." The man snarled with an eye roll. "I had to name the five husbands of Joofie Crystalle in By the Light of the Asteroid. Did you ever watch By the Light of the Asteroid?" She smiled brightly at us as I smiled back, "Is that the one with the twins?" I asked in curiosity, "That's it. Oh, it's marvellous."

"But we're not good enough for that lot. They think we should be in steerage." He scoffed causing me to frown and look at the group with a glare. "Well, can't have that, can we?" With his back towards the toffs, Theta aims his sonic screwdriver at the champagne bottle in the bucket on their table. The cork pops out, spraying their expensive clothes with alcohol. I smiled in happiness as Theta turns to look at me in approval. Chuckling, I kiss his cheek, "Did you do that?" He asked causing Theta to shrug as he place his arm around my shoulders on the back of my chair. "Maybe."