Last Of The Time Lords

Start from the beginning

"Oh, I see."

"I told you. I have one thing to say." The Master laughs, Clive gets caught. Jack is confronted by a squad of armed men, so he surrenders. "Oh, here we go again." The squad shoot Jack.

Theta can't get the laser screwdriver to work causing my shoulders to slump. I wish I could do more than sit here but I didn't want to endanger the baby more now that I was heavily pregnant. "Isomorphic controls." He takes screwdriver from Theta and punches him causing me to flinch. "Which means they only work for me. Like this." A laser beam just misses Francine. "Say sorry!" I glare and stand up, "Leave her alone." My voice boomed causing him to freeze. He slowly turned to me raising an eyebrow before laughing. "Didn't you learn anything from the blessed Saint Martha? Siding with the Doctor is a very dangerous thing to do. Take them away."

"Move. Come on."

"Okay. Gotcha." The Master helps Theta into a chair as Tish and Francine are taken away. One of the guards grabbed me and sat me back down. "Oh boy. There you go, Gramps. Oh, do you know, I remember the days when the Doctor, oh, that famous Doctor, was waging a Time War, battling Sea Devils and Axons. He sealed the rift at the Medusa Cascade single handed. And look at him now. Stealing screwdrivers. How did he ever come to this? Oh yeah, me." The Master laughs smugly shooting me a look. "I just need you to listen." Theta tries, "No, it's my turn. Revenge! Best served hot. And this time, it's a message for Miss Jones."

"My people. Salutations on this, the eve of war. Lovely woman. But I know there's all sorts of whispers down there. Stories of a child, walking the Earth, giving you hope." Francine, Clive and Tish are locked up, and Jack is back in his chains. "But I ask you how much hope has this man got? Say hello, Gandalf. Except he's not that old, but he's an alien with a much greater lifespan than you stunted little apes. But what if it showed? What if I suspend your capacity to regenerate? All nine hundred years of your life, Doctor. What if we could see them?" The Master retunes his screwdriver and zaps Theta again causing me to whimper in pain. "Older and older and older. Down you go, Doctor. Down, down, down the years." Finally the convulsions end. Theta is no longer sitting in the wheelchair. "Doctor." A tiny creature with big eyes, rather Gollum-like, peers out from the otherwise empty clothes.

"Received and understood, Miss Jones?" The broadcast ends and the tiny Theta is imprisoned in a bird cage. "I'm going To kill him, if I have to wait a hundred years. I'm going to kill the Master." Jack has a gun pointed at him all the time now. "One day he'll let his guard down. One day. And I'll be there."

Lucy is still in the glamorous red dress, but she's not a happy little wife any more. The Master seemed to be paying more attention to me and other things than her. "Tomorrow, they launch. We're opening up a rift in the Braccatolian space. They won't see us coming. It kind of scary." Theta is in a cage as The Master sits me down in a chair. "Then stop." He voices came out the same but his body was small and old. I wanted so badly to pull him close to me and hold him. "Once the Empire is established, and there's a new Gallifrey in the heavens, maybe then it stops. The drumming. The never ending drumbeat. Ever since I was a child. I looked into the vortex. That's when it chose me. The drumming, the call to war. Can't you hear it? Listen, it's there now. Right now. Tell me you can hear it, Doctor. Tell me."

"It's only you."

"Good.

A sphere enters, "Tomorrow, the war. Tomorrow we rise, never to fall."

"You see? I'm doing it for them. You should be grateful. After all, you love them so very, very much."

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

"I took Lucy to Utopia. A Time Lord and his human companion. I took her to see the stars. Isn't that right, sweetheart?" He smirked at her as he sat down in a chair, "Trillions of years into the future, to the end of the universe." She smiled, "Tell him what you saw." He insisted trying to get a rise out of everyone in the room. "Dying. Everything dying. The whole of creation was falling apart, and I thought, there's no point. No point to anything. Not ever." She shrugged, "And it's all your fault. You should have seen it, Doctor. Furnaces burning. The last of humanity screaming at the dark. All that human invention that had sustained them across the eons. It all turned inwards. They cannibalised themselves." I grew sick at the thought once again.