"Headmaster, I have to report the school is under attack." Theta turned to the Headmaster, "Really? Is that so? Perhaps you and I should have a word in private." He raised an eyebrow, "No, I promise you, sir. I was in the village with my wife. It's Baines, sir. Jeremy Baines and Mister Clark from Oakham Farm. They've gone mad, sir. They've got guns. They've already murdered people in the village. I saw it happen."

"Matron, is that so?"

"I'm afraid it's true, sir."

"Murder on our own soil?"

"I saw it. Yes."

"Perhaps you did well then, Mister Smith. What makes you thing the danger's coming here?"

"Well, sir, they said.." He was interrupted. "Baines threatened Mister Smith, sir. Said he'd follow him. We don't know why." Joan tried to explain, "Very well. You boys, remain on guard. Mister Snell, telephone for the police. Mister Philips, with me. We shall investigate." The Headmaster gave a nod with a confident look. "No! But it's not safe out there." Martha speaks up with a frown, "Mister Smith, it seems your favourite servant is giving me advice. You will control her, sir." Rocastle and Philips leave. "I've got to find that watch."

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

Joan follows Martha. They pass Latimer, who is hiding with the watch. "Hold me. Keep me safe. Keep me dark. Keep me closed. The time is not right. Not yet. Not while the Family is abroad. Danger!" Lucy sneaks into the school.

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

I watched everyone get ready for the war, Joan and Martha had taken off for just a few minutes to search for the watch as I leaned to look out the window watching silently as everyone outside also prepared for the war. It was going to bad if we didn't figure out a way to stop this all. I needed to get Theta back even if it meant hurting the other side of him. We needed a hero and he would be it.

Joan has changed into her uniform, as I made my way back over to Theta who gave me a look. "You're with Armitage and Thwaites. They know the drill. Kate, it's not safe." He insisted pulling me close and placing his forehead on mine with a sigh. "I'm doing my duty, just as much as you. Fine evening we've had together." I teased with a small laugh as he kissed me gently. "Not quite as planned." He chuckled before frowning again, "How can you think that I'm not real? When I kissed you, was that a lie?" He asked looking at me sadly.

I shook my head with tears in my eyes, "No, it wasn't. No." I insisted, "But this Doctor sounds like some, some romantic lost prince. Would you rather that? Am I not enough?" I kept shaking my head as I cried, "No, that's not true. Never. I love you. You know this, John or Theta you are the man I love." His eyes widened because he understood the Gallifreyan I spoke. "I've got to go." He insisted causing me to nod back with a small smile, "Come back to me safely."

"Mister Smith, if you please!"

"What choice do I have?" He kisses me again.

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

Martha gives a little scream, throws papers into the air and leaves the Doctor's study. Latimer is hiding, talking to the watch. "What do I do? What do I do? What do I do?" Latimer asks the watch in a panic, "Beware." It whispers, "Beware of what?" He asked, scared. "Her." Latimer looks up and sees Lucy standing in the corridor, holding her balloon. She sniffs, "Keep away." Latimer demands, "Who are you?" Lucy asked Latimer. "I saw you at the dance. You were with that family. You're one of them."

"What are you hiding?"

"Nothing."

"What have you got there?"