She made you suffer so you would never suffer again.

She taught you how to endure pain.

___________________

You had woken up to a noise.

The sun wasn't that high in the sky yet. The light that shined into your room was a beautiful orange.

There was a knock on the door.

You felt so tired that you didn't even want to answer. Your groaned, turning over, but you knew that at some point, you had to answer it.

After another knock, you decided to get up. You stretched, you bones aching and popping because you slept wrong. You were so sleepy last night that you didn't even get under the covers. You thought you had, but instead, you had accidentally used your dress as a blanket.

You were all tangled in the fabric. You told whoever was at the door to hold on, unwrapping yourself from the dress. You would put it back on, but it was too early for that.

You grabbed one of the furs from the bed, draping it over yourself in a robe like fashion. Once you felt like it was secure, you walked over to the door.

Just like last time, Dorian and Gilli were there, waiting patiently for you. The difference between then and now however, was that they were seemingly delivering something?

"We've come to help you." They said in sync.

Help you? Help you with what?

Gilli held many articles of clothing in his hands while Dorian had a big crate of some kind.

"May we come in?" Dorian asked.

You stepped aside. "I suppose." You yawned.

Dorian and Gilli stepped into your room, Dorian putting the crate down as soon as he was over the border, while Gilli set the clothing gently on your bed.

Now that you thought about it, they brought you clothing last time they were around too, but that was only one outfit the first time. Gilli seemed to have an entire closet full of clothing hanging off his arm.

"Why are you helping me?" You asked, walking back over to your bed. You sat down on the edge of the mattress, tapping your bare feet idly.

"Your old servant, Wendy was is?" Dorian said, opening the crate he had brought. "By order of the prince, he has been switched out with us?"

Your eyes widened a tad. You had picked him for a reason. Wendy was too timid to play any tricks or games with you. He was sweet and respectful too. You just felt like he'd be less of an obstacle and you considered him a friend of some sort.

However, he was also never around so he wasn't much help to you. Actually, his lack of presence was an obstacle of its own.

"I see." You said, rubbing your chin.

Gilli smiled kindly at you as he began laying a few pieces of the clothing he had brought next to you on the bed.

Dorian walked over to you. In his hands were a pair of shoes. The crate was actually full of them, all of them stacked in a shelf-like fashion.