11. Memories of Home

Enjoy this mess of a chapter everybody

What the Queen had said to you still irked you. However, you understood why she said that when you realized how you may have appeared to her. When you had gotten to your room, you had gotta a whiff of yourself. You smelled like grass. And when you had went into the bathroom, you had noticed that your clothes were covered in green smudges as well as cat hair. You hair was almost beyond tangled, and you had a little sleep on your left eye.

The prince didn't even bother telling you that you had grass on your forehead. You almost had the audacity to be offended, but you did sleep outside. That was on you.

That was what lead to where you were, soaking in a scented bath. You had washed and detangled your in a basin before so, and there were light oils in the bathroom for your dry skin.

Before your bath, you had done a few exercises. You wished you had asked a servant for something heavy like a cast iron skillet or some thick books to lift, but it all worked out in the end. Repetitive actions for a few hours was all you needed to feel the burn and work up a sweat.

You figured you should keep up with your training routine even thought the fighting part of your whole ordeal was over. There was nothing wrong with being prepared right?

You relaxed a bit, sighing. The steam reminded you of a hot springs. Up in the mountains back home, it was horrendously cold. The snow would melt to a slight degree during the last few days of summer and fill the little ponds near the base of the mountains, which would then begin to boil as summer progressed. For the next days after, in the night when the sun wasn't at its scalding height, the ponds would keep warm and steam for a while.

It was rewarding to bathe in one after a long hunting trip, the warm water easing your aching muscles.

You noticed that you face was tense with a frown. You missed the district 5 country. You missed your family. You missed your mother, your father and brother, and both of your sisters.

You missed Cari. It wasn't like you wanted her to look at your with such hate everyday, but you couldn't bear the thought of letting your relationship with her remain the way it was.

You remember the first day she had attacked you, after a long day training with your father. He had taught you how to spear fish, how to catch fish from long distance by throwing the spear where the fish were going to swim next. He was teaching you to aim better, but your arms grew sore after doing it for hours on end.

Then you had a small little dispute with Cari when you got back. She complained about how damaged the fish you had caught looked and as you defended yourself, as you told her that it was your first time ever using that technique, she had grabbed your hand and twisted your sore arm.

Back then, you had recognized that her actions were out of pocket. Back then, you had already known the true reasons behind her actions. You knew she wasn't actually mad about the fish, but rather it all stunned for his disdain for you in general.

"Cari." You father had said, his eyes cold. Your father held honor above everything. He respected people who had honor, people who never broke their moral codes. The day you sister had lost and accused you was the day she threatened the honor of your family. And even then, her hurting you while you had no intention to fight was cowardice and shameful in his eyes.