The Doctor Dances

Start from the beginning

"You've been to the factories?" Jack asked as he looked towards Theta causing him to nod, "Once." Theta smirked "Well, they gone now, destroyed. The main reactor went critical. Vaporized the lot." Jack explained out but Theta already knew this, "Like I said. Once. There's a banana grove there, now. I like bananas. Bananas are good." He smiled at Jack who stared at him in shock. "Nice blast pattern." Rose spoke with a impressive nod, "Digital." Jack spoke. "Squareness gun." I confirmed causing him to laugh. "Yeah."

"I like it."

Filing cabinets, electronic equipment and a big mess. An observation window across the room is broken.
"What do you think?" Theta asked as we finally stepped into the room. "Something got out of here." I spoke as I looked around the room, "Yeah. And?" Theta asked causing me to frown, "Something powerful. Angry."

"Powerful and angry." There are child's crayon drawings scattered on the floor and a Steiff teddy bear. "A child? I suppose this explains Mummy." Jack spoke as he picked it up while Rose frowned "How could a child do this?"
The Doctor turns on a tape machine.

"Do you know where you are?"

"Are you my mummy?"

"Are you aware of what's around you? Can you see?"

"Are you my mummy?"

"What do you want? Do you know-"

"I want my mummy. Are you my mummy? I want my mummy! Are you my mummy? Are you my mummy? Mummy? Mummy?"

"Doctor, I've heard this voice before." Rose looked towards us with wide eyes as Theta nodded back, "Me too."

"Mummy?"

"Always are you my mummy?. Like he doesn't know." I frowned a sudden feeling of dread seeping into my heart. This poor child being reflected by his own mother.

"Mummy?"

"Why doesn't he know?"

"Are you there, mummy? Mummy?Mummy? Please, mummy? Mummy?"

"Doctor? Kate?" Rose frowned at us as Theta grabbed my hand, "Can you sense it?" I spoke as we both closed our eyes. "Sense what?" Jack asked,
"Coming out of the walls. Can you feel it?"

"Mummy?"

"Funny little human brains. How do you get around in those things?" Theta looked towards me as I laughed causing Rose to smile guiltily at Jack, "When he's stressed, he likes to insult species. And she will agree with him." Rose explained as Jack looked at us insulted.

"Rose, I'm thinking." Theta insisted as I turned to Jack and Rose. "He cuts himself shaving, he does half an hour on life forms he's cleverer than." I spoke causing Theta to stick his tongue out at me before continuing, "There are these children living rough round the bomb sites. They come out during air-raids looking for food."

"Mummy, please?"

"Suppose they were there when this thing, whatever it was, landed?" Theta asked, "It was a med-ship. It was harmless." Jack insisted causing me to sigh. "Yes, you keep saying harmless. Suppose one of them was affected, altered?" I muttered as we stared towards Rose and Jack our back facing away from the room. "Altered how?" The tape runs out.