50. Cruel Interruptions

Start from the beginning

Mikael smirked. "Only a little. But, I brought you a gift." He held out his palm and a bottle appeared in it. Estelle gave a triumphant cry and made a grab for it. Mikael held it out of reach. "No one will kill me if I give this to you?"

"I'll kill you if you don't."

"What do I get in exchange?"

Estelle thought for a moment. She looked him up and down. "I promised to paint you in those, didn't I?"

Mikael grinned. He was wearing his white and gold Illyrian leathers. "You did."

"Is my mother in the art studio?"

"No, she left for Windhaven right after I got back."

"My father?"

"Gone on business with Rhysand."

"Then let's go." She grabbed his free hand and dragged him out of the room. Mikael couldn't help but laugh.

As soon as they reached the art studio, Estelle set to work retrieving an easel and canvas. She selected a few paints and uncapped them. She held out her hand expectantly, flicking her fingers. Mikael handed her the bottle. She opened it and took a sip, then set it aside.

"What do you want me to do?" He asked.

Estelle studied him briefly, brows furrowed in concentration. "Stand there with your head bowed, wings slightly spread, and your hands curved, as if you were focusing your magic."

Mikael obeyed, taking the pose she wanted. Estelle dragged her fingers through the wet paint and began. He didn't move as she worked, even when she paused to take a few drinks from the bottle.

"Sienna had a suggestion for us," she remarked.

"Oh? What was it?"

"She thinks that if we consummated our mating, it might help take the edge off our instincts."

"I'm not so sure about that. I think it would make them worse."

"That's what Celeste said. I told them that they were both right. It would help a little, but then the frenzy would begin and our instincts, yours especially, would only grow stronger."

"But?"

"But it might be something worth looking into."

Mikael lifted his head. "You tell me when and where, Batsy, and you can have me however you want, for as long as you want."

"And suppose I said I wanted you now?"

Mikael flashed her a wicked smirk. "I would ask if you'd like it on my lap or from behind, because I couldn't properly take care of you on your back right now, in case it hurt your wings."

Estelle stared at him, her fingers pausing on the painting. "You are a devil in disguise, Feathers."

"So I've been told."

She resumed painting, the tips of her ears turning red. "You know, I've never actually done it on someone's lap before."

"Really?"

She nodded, taking another draught from her bottle. She swiped a hand over her mouth, leaving gold paint blotted across her lips. Her eyes flickered up, meeting his. "What's it like?"

"Come find out."

"Take those leathers off. I don't want to get paint on them."

Mikael stood obediently, unbuckling the straps down his chest and legs. He unzipped the leathers and cast them aside, keeping only his undershirt and thin pants on. Mikael sat down on a low backed chair as Estelle approached. He cast a shield over the room.

She straddled his lap and he slipped his hands beneath her thighs, pulling her forward. Estelle hooked her arms around his neck, her breathing shallow. His heart raced as he held her by the hips.

"I might start by kissing your neck," he said. He leaned forward, leaving feather soft kisses against her skin. "Or your lips." He dragged his mouth across hers, stealing the gold paint that shimmered there. Estelle's breath was warm on his jaw. He kissed her neck again, each touch leaving a smear of gold behind.

"And you could roll your hips." He tightened his hold on her, guiding her through the motion. Mikael gulped down a groan at the sensation. Estelle leaned her head back, her chest heaving. "And when we were ready, this is what I would do." He thrust his hips up, his body already aching with heat and need. Estelle moaned softly, her fingers finding his hair. Her scent reached him, warm with desire.

"But if I was being naughty, I might tease you with my fingers first," Mikael continued. He slid his hand into her pants, his fingers finding their mark between her legs. Estelle kept rolling her hips, shivering as he rubbed his fingers against her. She swallowed, then moaned a little louder. He edged two of them inside her and began working them slowly in and out. Estelle whimpered.

"Sound like a good idea?" He rasped, his voice husky.

"Yes," she moaned, grinding harder against his fingers.

Mikael watched her, heat pooling in his stomach. She still had her head tilted back, eyes partially closed and mouth open. Her features were contorted with pleasure, but also need. He would give her what she needed. What she wanted. Estelle's hands set to work unlacing his pants.

A fist pounded on the door and Estelle jerked her head over her shoulder. "There's only one reason this room would be shielded! Mikael is going to want to run if Dad finds out!" Lysander hollered, a hint of laughter in his voice. "They'll be back soon. You'd better get cleaned up."

Mikael gave a small exasperated laugh as Lysander's footsteps receded. Estelle leaned her forehead against his with a sigh. "We'll pick this up later, Batsy," Mikael promised, pressing a kiss to her lips. She gasped as he gave one last thrust with his fingers before pulling them out.