Chapter 9

ɪ'ᴍ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ʜᴇ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ɪᴛ! ʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴀʟʟ. ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏɴᴇꜱᴛʟʏ, ɪ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴛʀᴜꜱᴛ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍʏ ꜱɪʙʟɪɴɢꜱ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴜɴɪᴄᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴇɪᴛʜᴇʀ. ᴇꜱᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟʟʏ ɪꜰ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ʀᴇᴊᴇᴄᴛꜱ ᴏꜰꜰᴇʀꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ—ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴏᴜɴᴅ ꜱᴜꜱᴘɪᴄɪᴏᴜꜱ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ?

K.T.'s too kind-hearted. There's no way someone like this would be evil in any way! Muichiro thought, his mind flashing back to that mild argument with his twin. He's currently hiding in the dusty attic that's crowded with boxes. Luckily, they own a sky-roof and there were lots of windows up here.

The reason for him hiding like a criminal was to avoid his twin. Who wants to face the family member that you've argued with right after a fight?

Certainly not Muichiro. So, all he did was hole up in the attic and write to K.T.; his only friend that cared enough about him. He felt like he could tell K.T. anything and they wouldn't judge him for how cringy it might sound.

ℍ𝕠𝕨 𝕚𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕗𝕒𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣? 𝕀𝕤 𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕝 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕠𝕤𝕡𝕚𝕥𝕒𝕝? 𝔸𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕤 𝕥𝕠𝕠 𝕞𝕦𝕔𝕙 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕪𝕠𝕦?

Muichiro wanted to help, in any way he could. Maybe they could organize a location—wait. K.T. doesn't like to meet up, he forces himself to remember. "I shouldn't keep asking to meet up... Why do I want to see them so badly?" He wonders. He wasn't sure if it was to satisfy his own curiosity, or if it was to prove Yuichiro wrong.

Maybe it was a bit of both.

ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ ꜰɪɴᴇ. ꜰᴀᴛʜᴇʀꜱ ᴀᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ, ʀᴇꜱᴛɪɴɢ. ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʜɪᴍ. ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ, ɪ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴇᴢᴜᴋᴏ ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴜꜱ—ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇꜱᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ꜱɪʙʟɪɴɢꜱ—ᴛᴏ ꜱᴘᴇɴᴅ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴏᴜᴛꜱɪᴅᴇ.

Then K.T. paused. The boy took it as a signal to start writing his reply.

𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕘𝕠. 𝔹𝕖𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤, 𝕀 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟𝕕 𝕒 𝕝𝕠𝕥 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕗𝕒𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕞𝕖. 𝕎𝕖 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕡𝕚𝕔𝕜 𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕦𝕡 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕖 𝕝𝕖𝕗𝕥—

His eyes suddenly took notice of the writing that appeared where he laid his hands. Oh—K.T. wasn't finished writing.

ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ɪꜰ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴏᴠᴇʀᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜰᴇᴀʀ... ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴍ—

Muichiro was startled by the surprise of multiple scribbles over those words. Before he could finish what the last word said, K.T. already completely covered it up in red lines that were etched into the page. "We could what?" He asked out loud, curiosity burning deep into his mind. Before Muichiro could ask about it, K.T. already wrote something else.

ʏᴇᴀʜ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ. ɪ'ʟʟ ɢᴏ ɴᴏᴡ, ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɴɪᴄᴇ ᴅᴀʏ, ᴍᴜɪ. :)

Mui. He loved this nickname so much.